Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #16
Zbigniev Hamson
Zbigniev Hamson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
it describes where I live too. I would chance to say that the ereaders in general use far less electricity than those electric lights you speak of. and there are some that are sensitive to bright electric lights and have lower lighting. I'd rather read on my devices with nice lighting in lower light than in a brightly lit room.

and then there are older eyes. you may not be there yet.
Hmm... it's almost like it's a matter of personal choice isn't it. If only I'd said that at the beginning...
Zbigniev Hamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #17
Zbigniev Hamson
Zbigniev Hamson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't have to buy it, but there is increased contrast. I've seen it. But, the new screens are of higher resolution and that makes a noticeable difference.
Good for you, but I have also seen the kindles and not seen any noticeable increased contrast. If it is real then it therefore must be fairly subtle. And I did say the higher resolution made a noticeable difference.
Zbigniev Hamson is offline   Reply With Quote