Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #31
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
Thanks for the link.

Once I compared the Onyx Nova pro with the Likebook Mars running an AnTutu benchmark on both and this was very usefull to see which was more powerfull. Would you mind to run the AnTutu benchmark on your Note2 to see how this powerfull processor develops? If you do it you have to do it 2 times, one time in A2 mode and another time without being activated, the performance changes a lot

Thanks, whatever you decide
Sorry, I've only the Note Pro.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #32
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Feature request

I own this device, is it possible to split the screen vertically? PDF on top and notices on the bottom? it is my dream set I am using on the surface pro (Xodo PDF+Inkodo).
It is helpful while studying and learning by writing and scribbeling.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #33
Uguptu
Enthusiast
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Hello everyone! I received my Note 2 today, updated the firmware to 2.2.2, but it says the device is not Play Protect Certified :/
Did I miss something in settings? If not, is Onyx going to do anything about that?

Upd: oh, I found this video which may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL7t...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Uguptu; 12-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:55 AM   #34
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
I have a very basic question about Note 2:
How to open the last read book in the default reading app (Neo Reader?)
This reading app is not shown among the installed apps so I don't know how to invoke it by itself. I need to navigate to a book to do so.
But the shortcut to the last read book is not present anywhere.
So, it seems that I need to remember what was the book I was last reading, ant to navigate to that book each time I switch on Note 2.
This cannot be so? Can it?

So far I am using a workaround, but it is ridiculous:
I keep one book in the root location of Books folder, so that it is fast to navigate to it.
I navigate to it, open it with the default app (which is not shown among apps, so perhaps it is not an app) - and then I get the list of up to 4 last read books. So I can get to the actual book I was reading. Provided that I always use the same fake book to open the reading app, it does not push out the other three books from that list.

Last edited by parkher; 12-26-2019 at 02:00 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:23 AM   #35
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
How to open the last read book in the default reading app (Neo Reader?)
In the content browser there is the possibility to display the last read books (Poke Pro)
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #36
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
In the content browser there is the possibility to display the last read books (Poke Pro)
The context browser?
Not sure what it is. The browser wants to open a web page.
The problem is with Note 2. The original Note has the home button and the home screen. It shows: Now Reading, Recently Added.
Unfortunately nothing like that in Note 2.

I guess, a solution - to use a different app instead of the default one.
I don't need the default app for epubs. Just for pdfs. I tried several other apps and I like the default one more.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #37
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Content Browser!
In Library.
There you can see a clock!
Use it -and there you can see the last read books
Old 12-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #38
parkher
Evangelist

I will have to check (Note 2 currently is out of my reach). But I saw that in Library you can sort books only By Creation Time, not By Last Opened time.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #39
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I will have to check (Note 2 currently is out of my reach). But I saw that in Library you can sort books only By Creation Time, not By Last Opened time.
If you are on the other point.
If you are in clock, it is last opened.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #40
parkher
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
If you are in clock, it is last opened.
Thank you.
I think your hint will work with Note 2.
I just downloaded the Note 2 manual.
Part 6. (page 18) is Library. It says nothing about the clock mode, or about the clock, or about sorting by last opened, but it has pictures of the library view, and there is a clock in every one of them!!! At top left.
No such clock in library of the original Note.
I just can't believe I missed it yesterday when I was searching for a solution. I never saw that clock. But it is in the manual.

Last edited by parkher; 12-26-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:03 AM   #41
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I just can't believe I missed it yesterday when I was searching for a solution. I never saw that clock. But it is in the manual.
It works on my Poke Pro
Old 01-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #42
Uguptu
Enthusiast
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Guys, are there any Onyx engineers or product managers in this thread?
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #43
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguptu View Post
Guys, are there any Onyx engineers or product managers in this thread?
No, I think.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #44
antch
antch began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello guys, i have question about the note2 for people who have it.

is it possible to use onenote with this device? i think the reply is yes but i want to know if the tablette react well with onenote, are there some latence in writing? what is the writing experience on onenote and the global writting experience?

thank you so much for the reply
antch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #45
Jpsi
Jpsi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by antch View Post
is it possible to use onenote with this device? i think the reply is yes but i want to know if the tablette react well with onenote, are there some latence in writing? what is the writing experience on onenote and the global writting experience?
Yes, it can be installed/opened.
But (at least from just having tested it in a very basic way) the lag is unbearable.

My experience was: > got excited to use OneNote on my new Note 2 > Install the app > Open the app > Try it > Cry > Change the speed to maximum speed/minimum resolution (X mode) > Cry harder > Never use the app again.
Jpsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox note2, info, note 2, review