Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #2641
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So cute it might break your computer: Baby panda meets Mom.

doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #2642
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Elvis Presley died 36 years ago today. His first single.

A cover of this original.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 08-16-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Correct for proper death year
Old 08-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #2643
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Elvis Presley died 78 years ago today....
Good Lord! I'm older than I thought!!!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #2644
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Good Lord! I'm older than I thought!!!
Make that 36 years ago. I grabbed his birth year by mistake and did not think of what I was writing after that.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #2645
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Make that 36 years ago. I grabbed his birth year by mistake and did not think of what I was writing after that.
Thanks goodness! I thought I was having the granddaddy of all senior moments! Nurse!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #2646
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Although this is shot in Ho Chi Minh City, it's almost exactly what I ride in right here every day!
Life Expectancy for a scooter rider, from the time he turns the key until he almost reaches the corner is...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #2647
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... but thank goodness, no more of this!!!

Stitchawl
Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #2648
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
The Ho Chi Minh City one reminds me of the last time I stirred up an ant hill.

Last edited by wodin; 08-19-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Typo
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #2649
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Although this is shot in Ho Chi Minh City, it's almost exactly what I ride in right here every day!
Life Expectancy for a scooter rider, from the time he turns the key until he almost reaches the corner is...

[YOUTUBE]

Stitchawl
Ho Chi Minh City looks a lot cleaner than I remember it back in the days when it was Saigon. Of course, I can't smell the city's air through a PC screen, but I remember a dingy city whose streets were filled with scooters, 3-wheeled Lambrettas, and smog. Cars were a rarity. I don't remember it being nearly that congested, though.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #2650
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Ho Chi Minh City looks a lot cleaner than I remember it back in the days when it was Saigon.
Is that because you spent all your time down on To Doh St?

Just riding down the street from Long Binh was enough to set my teeth rattling! Night time was much more fun.

Stitchawl
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #2651
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I wasn't there enough to remember the names of any streets. The most time I spent there was when a friend and I were scheduled to go on a 7-day R&R in Bangkok, Thailand. We got as far as Saigon where I hooked up with a professional lady. After spending all my money, she asked if I wanted to spend more time with her. She appeared to have taken a shine to me, because when I told her I had to go back early because I had spent all my money, she invited me to go home with her for the rest of the week where she'd feed me and take care of me. Funny, I can't remember now what my friend ended up doing.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #2652
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
I wasn't there enough to remember the names of any streets. The most time I spent there was when a friend and I were scheduled to go on a 7-day R&R in Bangkok, Thailand. We got as far as Saigon where I hooked up with a professional lady. After spending all my money, she asked if I wanted to spend more time with her. She appeared to have taken a shine to me, because when I told her I had to go back early because I had spent all my money, she invited me to go home with her for the rest of the week where she'd feed me and take care of me. Funny, I can't remember now what my friend ended up doing.
Nice! I've discovered that Asian women are much friendlier than anywhere else in the world. Business only goes so far. Then friendship begins. It's a nice way to live. It's what kept me in Asia before I was married.

Stitchawl
Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #2653
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
To avoid taking a bath, dog plays dead... (my dog isn't nearly half as smart as this dog!)

doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #2654
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2655
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Dolly Parton singing "Jolene" slowed down from 45 rpm to 33 rpm.

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price