Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
Zealousky
Zealousky began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Sticky second row of main toolbar or move second toolbar to top?

So I now have enough plug-ins to create a second row of the main toolbar, even with small icons. I don't want to get rid of the icons entirely, but I would like to see all the icons without having to click the little down arrow. Is there a way to do this? The only thing I could manage was adding icons to the second tool bar. Unfortunately the second toolbar is stuck to the bottom of the interface. Is there a way to enlarge the top toolbar or move the second one up?

Thanks,
Z
Zealousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you can have only a single row per toolbar.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
Zealousky
Zealousky began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Is there a way to move the second toolbar just below the first rather than have it at the bottom?

Thanks,
Z
Zealousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This won't get you exactly what you want, but it's a possible workaround. Install the Favourites Menu plugin. It gives you a menu where you can place any Calibre control you want, even those from plugins. It helps clean up your toolbars/menu.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
This won't get you exactly what you want, but it's a possible workaround. Install the Favourites Menu plugin. It gives you a menu where you can place any Calibre control you want, even those from plugins. It helps clean up your toolbars/menu.

To avoid cluttering up my main toolbar and context menu, I put the items I use occasionally into Favourites - i.e. the opposite of it's implied purpose.

If you set Preferences->Look and Feel->Icon size to Small and Preferences->Look and Feel->Show text under icons to Never you may be able to fit all the icons on the top row, depends on monitor resolution and window width.

IMO - using calibre's keyboard shortcuts is the most efficient way to drive calibre. Actions that are invoked from the book list can have a single keystroke - eg 'E' to Edit the metadata, 'C' to Convert, and they can be reconfigured via Preferences->Keyboard.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
Roon1
Roon1 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
Thank you for this workaround suggestion. Its saved me lots of frustration.
Roon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:58 PM   #7
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
You can also customize Calibre's menus--I have several plugins that only effect existing books (Count Pages, Modify Epub, etc) on the "Context menu for books in library".

And I agree with BR, keyboard shortcuts are a great help.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote