Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Gets my vote. I will happily post new content to make the site look fresh

*COUGH*(or you could just touch all the post dates )*COUGH*

GL!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Hmm...
Its a MySQL data base - I suppose a few "alter" queries would give it some fresh dates.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bow to your greater knowledge. although googling the problem returned some highly applicable looking answers so I don't doubt it's simplicity.

The only gotcha would be ensuring the references to the post date were updated (assuming there are any and it's not all looked up at render time which would make far more sense)

Again as I say, your the man. Meh, it's all your data why the hell not.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Gets my vote. I will happily post new content to make the site look fresh
Since you and I are half of the people who have logged on in 2012 ...
(Log on - a list of recent users will pop up in right side bar.)

I am going to try updating the site package to the current TikiWiki version later today.
Which will either kill the site off for good, or give it a "fresh" look.

Either result is OK in my book; because I think I need a new hobby.

You might want to sign-on today, before I try to upgrade the site.
Check your personal: MyTiki and maybe make a copy of the Eclipse Tour (see righthand side bar).

Last edited by knc1; 09-07-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
twobob

okay will do!!

Done - and a few of the others for good measure

(fingers crossed)

Last edited by twobob; 09-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Site is now at v-5.3, shall I go for v-6.7 or all the way for v-9.1 ??
A rethorical question, will take a nap, and decide later.

What are we talking about?
http://info.tiki.org/tiki-index.php
Old 09-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
twobob

Hmm... Its easy to see why the opencms demo is top. the others are tragic examples.

I think it wont matter. minimal should be fine. looking at the implementations of their (not so great) demos it would seem that the main themes are utterly overiden anyway.

perhaps the later one is you want to try fancy html5 or w/e little titbit they are putting up as "Worth the effort"
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Hmm...
This site is running the pre-9.2 release now:
http://doc.tiki.org/upgrade#If_you_have_3.x_or_later

I think I will go for the v-9.1 release, and whatever breaks, well I didn't want it all that much anyway.
Like: Site isn't in use, who cares what breaks?
(Yes, I have backups - just in case I have to change my mind).
Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
twobob

Looks shiny!

EDIT: Better than their demo sites? How does that work.
honestly...

EXTRA CONTEXTUAL EDIT: "Honestly to goodness, I despair sometimes."

(that's what English people mean when they say "honestly", it occurred to me that someone might think I mean "In all honesty") there, nice and clear.

Last edited by twobob; 09-07-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: regional context
Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Back about 10 years ago, I suggested that they drop their demo sites and just run the various TW sites on their own pre-release versions (see the dogfood history).
But I haven't been a contributor to that project since the time of switching to eating their own dogfood. (They would have tar, feathered, and run me out of town on a rail for that suggestion - if they could have found me.)

So the "demo sites" are hardly maintained at all.
At the moment, doc.tiki.org is running the v-9.2 beta from their repo.

Last edited by knc1; 09-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
twobob

Yeah their site looks great. doc.tiki.org just saying.
don't put a label up and say "LOOK HERE" when its crap. my personal opinion.

: )
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Where is the minimodding sign up Page?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Where is the minimodding sign up Page?
It is turned off, you want I should turn it on?

Might be better to wait until after I attempt the upgrade - -
The site may not survive the upgrade experience.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
twobob

Heh. Death by upgrade!

Twisted sister!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	death+by+stereo.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	91991  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #30
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Exclamation All new Kindles are SO and you cannot opt out of SOs

Besides the other regressive features on the new kindles, there is also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is what Amazon states about the new Fires and SOs. I found this on the Amazon Support site in a FAQ: The page is here.
Quote:
Q: Will it be possible to buy a version of the new devices without Special Offers? Can I remove Special Offers at a later date?
A: We are only offering these devices with Special Offers enabled. By delivering these offers to your Kindle Fire, Amazon is able to sell it for a lower price. Special Offers cannot be removed from the Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and Kindle Paperwhite.
No legitimate way to remove Special Offers on all new kindles! They are certainly encouraging a hack if they do not change that policy.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, paperwhite, prefixes, techincal