Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
About searching some file inside the epub

Hi everybody:
I hace a little question. I started using the exlibris plugin, and I love it, however I make a little mistake. I create a PNG file for the xhtml file, works fine of course, but yesterday I found an error in this PNG (something about a text in the image) and now I want to change the exlibris in all the books I inserted it. The problem is that I used the pluging with more than 2,000 epub (my library is more than 17,000) and, how can I found wich books have the exlibris file?

So, is possible with Calibre found wich books have the exlibris file inside?

I hope I made myself clear.

Best regards from Lima, Perú
Sorry my grammar, I just try to practice yet.
Blessings.
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre itself has no way fo searching for a file inside an epub. Why not just re-run the exlibris plugin witht he updated image?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

It's what I'm afraid I'll have to do, no way, patience. Thank you very much for your answer.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I don't know how the exlibris plugin works, but if the name of the png that is inserted is always the same you can search for it.

The plugin quality check has an option to search inside epub files. You could search for the png file (with zip filenames as scope)
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #5
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thanks for answer Nicolas, but I don't found any Quality Check plugin in the Calibre list. where I found it?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
it's an optional plugin so:
Preferences -> Plug-ins -> Get new plug-ins -> select "Quality Check" (you can filter to find it easily) -> install

And don't forget to add it to the main toolbar.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mariaclaudia - FWIW - the following post references a product called Archivarius 3000, the OP reports it can search inside epubs and mobis (very fast), but I can't see anything on the web site to support that, it has a 30 day trial

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...06&postcount=1

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thanks to both, I finally resolved my problem using Quality Check plugin, searching for a specific name in the NCX TOC section
Old 09-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
Thanks to both, I finally resolved my problem using Quality Check plugin, searching for a specific name in the NCX TOC section
That is fine , as long as it has a NCX entry.
to be valid EPUB, the filename must be in the OPF, even though it may not be in the TOC (NCX)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote