Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #1
Apostrophe
Apostrophe began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
All pages empty after converting epub in Calibre

I've exported an InDesign file (CC 2014) both as a fixed layout epub and a reflowable epub file, which reads normally in iBooks viewer.

When I convert it to an epub in Calibre and then save to file, as I usually do, the file is coming out blank apart from the cover image.

I've tried updating Calibre to the latest version, and also using an old version (0.9.4) but the same thing's happening.

The original epub file is 65MB - might that have something to do with the problem?
Apostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostrophe View Post
I've exported an InDesign file (CC 2014) both as a fixed layout epub and a reflowable epub file, which reads normally in iBooks viewer.

When I convert it to an epub in Calibre and then save to file, as I usually do, the file is coming out blank apart from the cover image.
Calibre doesn't support fixed-layout epubs, IIRC. The normail epub should work, though. Does it display OK in the Calibre viewer?
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank pages, conversion, empty pages, epub, indesign cc