Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
mikeww
mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 NT
random lighter font

Sometimes when I'm reading a book, a paragraph or two will be in a lighter, faded font. I've always assumed that this was a formatting feature and it was intended that way. It would happen occasionally on footnotes in the text.

However, I've send a pdf to my kindle email with the subject "convert" and the converted book is completely in the lighter text, which makes it hard to read. When I turn the page, the page starts out the normal dark black for a split second, and then the page refreshes to the lighter font. I'm assuming this formatting has taken place somehow throughout the whole book. And its the same if I don't convert the pdf.

Can anything be done about this?
mikeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
mikeww
mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bump, i'm still getting this on some pdfs

even today, i emailed myself with the subject line "convert" to convert a pdf into native kindle format, and the conversion is faded as well

and then when i try to send the pdf directly without any conversion, its the same thing
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Question: App?

Is this with the default reader?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
mikeww

default reader, default software, i didnt do anything

it happens with the actual PDF file when the kindle read the PDF file, and it also happens with the amazon' conversion which uses the regular reading method, not the PDF reader
Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"amazon' conversion"

what is that?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
"amazon' conversion"

what is that?
That's when you send a file to Amazon to convert, using your Send-to-Kindle E-mail Address. Details are here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...67340#s2kemail
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
twobob

oh duh!!!! I read Conversation

DUFUS!!!! lol

thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
mikeww

if the normal font is 100% black, then the problem i'm having is that the font looks maybe 60% black. its lighter and faded. it looks like this is intentional based on some type of style settings. this is my guess because on the initial page turn, the font is 100% black for a split second, and then changes to the lighter look