Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
fddekker
fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Aura H2O does not read SD card

I got my Kobo Aura H2O about a month ago and was really impressed by it. I save all my books in my own collections on the SD card, but a week ago, the Kobo stopped recognizing the SD card (and any other SD card) automatically.
The same SD cards are read in all other devices, so I have to assume that it is the Kobo that is not working.

Getting help from Kobo has been like pulling teeth (so NOT impressed.) Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks
fddekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What firmware version is on the device? One of the recent versions, either 4.3.x or 4.4.x, would ignore the SD card if it didn't have a label. This was fixed in the next firmware release, but if you don't want to upgrade, labelling the card solved it.

If that isn't the case, what happens when you insert the card? Does the screen flash? Is the card seen by the PC when connected?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
fddekker
fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fddekker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firmware and SD card label

Thanks for your response
The firmware is 4.5.9587 and I actually did label all the SD cards that I tested.

The card is just completely ignored, as if there is no card in.

Last edited by fddekker; 09-29-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fddekker View Post
Thanks for your response
The firmware is 4.5.9587 and I actually dis label all the SD cards that I tested.
Firmware shouldn't have the 4.5.9587 problem with no labels on the card. But, I don't know what you mean by "dis label". If you mean you removed the label, you should try adding a label just in case.
Quote:
The card is just completely ignored, as if there is no card in.
About the only other thing I can think of is the format of the card. The device will only recognise FAT32, but you should get an error about the formatting if it is something else. There have been some issues that have been fixed by reformatting the card from scratch with SD Formatter from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
fddekker

Label on SD card

Sorry, was my typo. I did label all SD cards.
Also, I used their formatted as per your quote.
I can't get Kobo to respond. Really disappointed in them
Old 09-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved out of the Tablet sub-forum, since this Kobo is not a tablet.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, sd cards not recognized