Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Friday's Question of the Week 22 Jan 10 (Hey, it's tomorrow in Oz, anyway.)

Can I get a recount?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
If it can be counted once then it can be counted twice!
It could be done using the energy-neutral pocket pc.

Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I like that! But obvious questions jump to mind:

Can I get it backlit?
Is that a stylus? I really do much prefer to use multitouch devices.
What's the OS?
If I connect it to my PC will it be recognized as a drive or do I have to use some farking software from Apple?
Is there a straightforward DRM removal scheme?
Where can I download illegal arithmetic?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
You forgot:

Is there a colour choice?
What about a cover?
Can I use solarpower to recharge it?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Are the beads user-replaceable?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
At least it looks right justified. Maybe the user even has a *choice* of justification with that stylus thingy.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I like that! But obvious questions jump to mind:

Can I get it backlit?
Is that a stylus? I really do much prefer to use multitouch devices.
What's the OS?
If I connect it to my PC will it be recognized as a drive or do I have to use some farking software from Apple?
Is there a straightforward DRM removal scheme?
Where can I download illegal arithmetic?
  • Back lighting is adjusted by spreading fingers apart or together.
  • Stylus is provided for pinpoint accuracy with detailed situations, however the screen is primarily designed for touch.
  • The OS is a highly advanced and newly developed replacement to Windows. It is called Skylight and some of its unique features include: environment responsive screen adjustment, snap-wrist calculation with problems that require a randomly generated answer, and also it creates a new 3D effect upon the screen by a pixel spinning technology (no glasses required!)
  • At this stage the Zero Carbon program needs to be installed upon the PC, this is extremely beneficial though as it turns off the computer when it decides by itself that you have used too much electricity. Best of all it usually does this no matter how much the user tries to overide it....it is foolproof! (Oh and there is a small annual fee that goes to Generation Investment Management owned by Al Gore)
  • DRM removal is a breeze; it uses the integrated rolling technology to remove this.
  • The source of illegal arithmetics are unable to be disclosed on this forum.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
You forgot:
  • Is there a colour choice?
  • What about a cover?
  • Can I use solarpower to recharge it?
  • One colour only.
  • Yes the cover is an oversized hanky that is wrapped around the device; this is also handy if the owner gets a cold. An environmentally friendly solution as it uses no petrochemicals and has more than one use.
  • While not required to operate, solar heating does speed up the response times of the rotational technology incorporated in the screen.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Are the beads user-replaceable?
No, this is only for very experienced technicians (for a small fee). Doing so would void the warranty and also may interfere with the devices delicate embedded feng shui patterns (causing earthquakes and possible redirection of comets). Please do not mess with bead replacement under any circumstances!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
At least it looks right justified. Maybe the user even has a *choice* of justification with that stylus thingy.
Justification
is variable
with the
embedded
gravitational sensor.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Well, I just don't know. Maybe I'll wait and see if aPpLe announces something like this next week. Whaddaya think? Does Steve Jobs think that enough people still do math to make it worth his while?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I dont like it. TOO MUCH GLARE!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Can I get a recount?
Sure...

One...two...eleventy.

You're holding up eleventy fingers.

Do I win a prize? Woohoo! Another drinky! You're my favourite doctor, pshrynkydinks!

Cheers,
Wait...what? GIRAFFE! Where's my sextant? HYLOBATIDAE, AHOY! Mmm, scurvy dogs, argglll...
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:12 AM   #14
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
There was a vote on whether to allow recounts, but it was too close to call.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Sure...

One...two...eleventy.

You're holding up eleventy fingers.

Do I win a prize? Woohoo! Another drinky! You're my favourite doctor, pshrynkydinks!

Cheers,
Wait...what? GIRAFFE! Where's my sextant? HYLOBATIDAE, AHOY! Mmm, scurvy dogs, argglll...
Okay, I'll feel a whole lot better if that actually made sense to anyone else...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote