Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
baylorlinz
baylorlinz began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet
Red face Add book problem

I am trying to add a textbook kindle ebook AZW4 file size 59KB to calibre but it wont finish importing. I think the file size may be the reason. It says to import the book in smaller increments? how?

I've tried importing using the ISBN method but the calibre program goes into the "not responding" error. And then when I restart there is an "unknown" book added to the library but with no content (even though I added the file location with the ISBN).

Help! Ps. I've been using calibre for a while now but I'm not very tech savvy. If you can put explanations in lay mans terms, I can probably do it on my own.

Thanks!
baylorlinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylorlinz View Post
I am trying to add a textbook kindle ebook AZW4 file size 59KB to calibre but it wont finish importing. I think the file size may be the reason. It says to import the book in smaller increments? how?

I've tried importing using the ISBN method but the calibre program goes into the "not responding" error. And then when I restart there is an "unknown" book added to the library but with no content (even though I added the file location with the ISBN).

Help! Ps. I've been using calibre for a while now but I'm not very tech savvy. If you can put explanations in lay mans terms, I can probably do it on my own.

Thanks!
I will assume 59 Megabytes

On a really large book (or group), I frequently see the Windows XP: 'Not Responding'. This can mean the CPU/Disk is just really busy and can't update the GUI. Let it run at least an hour (imports) or 24 (conversions) or until it crashes

ISBN Method? You created a list of ISBN's with the full (local) path to the format specified? You have READ rights to that location?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert