Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
splendor
Enthusiast
splendor began at the beginning.

Device: irex
stopped showing newly added files and folders

Don't know since when, it stopped showing my newly added files, neither in the SD card nor in the index. But i can see them on my computer. Recently deleted files and folders keep showing in my device too. what is the problem? does it have anything to do with my 16G SD card? I have some 3GB files in it. thanks
splendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Maybe there is something wrong with your global.db file. Can you rename it? It should be created again when you re-insert the card or disconnect USB.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
What type of files are they? I found they won't show up unless the extensions are associated with a program. After I loaded RC3, no .xoj or .djvu files showed up. I had to rerun the association utility to see them again.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #4
splendor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Maybe there is something wrong with your global.db file. Can you rename it? It should be created again when you re-insert the card or disconnect USB.
should delete this file? thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
splendor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
What type of files are they? I found they won't show up unless the extensions are associated with a program. After I loaded RC3, no .xoj or .djvu files showed up. I had to rerun the association utility to see them again.
they are pdf files
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendor View Post
should delete this file? thanks
Renaming (as a backup) should be good enough, I think it also stores the thumbnails and the last read position, so if this does not help, you can remove the newly created and rename the backup to the original name again, so these settings are restored again.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #7
acacia
acacia began at the beginning.

Device: dg1000s
with RC2 I FIND THAT NEWLY ADDED pdf files do not appear and recently deleted pdf files names still appear in file list on DR1000. All daations and deletions were done on SD card inserted into the pc.
It seems as if this is a common problem - the solutions are unclear - I am cautious about deleting iRex system files like global.db -whatever that is
acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru

While the DR is starting, there is a small time where it shows 'Indexing Files'. During that time a program called mdbindex is running, which scans all files on the SD-card. These are compared with the internal file-database, which is stored in global.db. The file-database is then updated to reflect the current state of the SD-card.
The ContentBrowser (the application that allows you to browse Books, or SDCard etc) only uses the database to display information and not the real SD-card.

From what you tell it looks like the global.db file can not be written, since it does not show new files, but keeps showing old files.
So the following problems could have occured:
- Your SD-card is write protected
- Your SD-card is full
- Too many files in the root of your SD-card (there is a limitation of e few 100)
- The global.db file is write protected
- The global.db file got corrupted

This is what I could think of now, most of the potential problems are easy to check.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
- The file-system of the SD-card is corrupted. Run "scandisc /f"

- "Your SD-card is write protected" - the DR will not start with a write protected card. A message will appear to use another card or remove the protection.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
splendor
Enthusiast

thanks