Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
lighty
lighty began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Unable to start Openinkpot 0.2

Let me describe the problem I encountered.

I have one BeBook running OI snapshot from October 2009. No problem there.

I just bought another BeBook and installed OI 0.2. Installation went fine, BeBook rebooted and I got into OI menu (BTW nice looking GUI). I opened books, tried a few features and no problem there either. Then I turned everything off. When I tried to turned it on next time nothing happens. LED turns red and everything gets stuck and what's more not even Reset button is doing anything- it just turns LED to green when it's pressed but when it's released LED is again red and the whole thing is stuck. OK, so I found out I can press Reset button and then press + and Power button- so when reset button is depressed I can at least go into installation mode.

So, I reinstalled latest BeBook official firmware, reformatted memory to FAT (with Panasonic formatter) and everything went back to normal. OK, so I tried installing (again) OI 0.2. This time also everything went fine, books opened and I turned the device off. After I tried turning it on again I'm stuck with LED turning red, reset button won't work etc.

Again, I repeated the procedure with original BeBook firmware but this time I formatted internal memory to FAT through Win XP. Again, I reinstalled OI 0.2 and again I'm stuck with everything I mentioned above.

Just to mention that I tried exchanging battery with my older BeBook, I tried installing everything with USB cable connected etc. So it's not up to the battery.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening and what to do in order to get OI 0.2 working on BeBook?
Or at least if there is some place on the net where I can download OI october snapshot to try that one (since it does work on my older BeBook)?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighty View Post
I just bought another BeBook and installed OI 0.2. Installation went fine, BeBook rebooted and I got into OI menu (BTW nice looking GUI). I opened books, tried a few features and no problem there either. Then I turned everything off. When I tried to turned it on next time nothing happens. LED turns red and everything gets stuck and what's more not even Reset button is doing anything- it just turns LED to green when it's pressed but when it's released LED is again red and the whole thing is stuck.
That seems to be what has been said to happen when you install the wrong version of the OI firmware for the Hanlin V3. Did you download oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-0.2.zip OR oi-hanlin-v3-install-0.2.zip ? If you have a 512MB Hanlin V3 and you installed oi-hanlin-v3-install-0.2.zip you would probably experience what you described. oi-hanlin-v3-install-0.2.zip is for the older 64MB Hanlin V3, and you need oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-0.2.zip for the 512MB Hanlin V3. The differences are described in a bit more detail in the Installation Guide:
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/0.2/InstallationGuide
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
lighty
lighty began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Ah, I forgot about two different versions.

Thx Dave_S!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Is there ANY problem that (fortunately) Dave_S can't resolve for us???