Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Dead/Stuck Pixels?

Last night I noticed a "spot" on the screen of my Opus. At first I thought it was just a speck of something and tried cleaning the screen. Upon closer examination it's part of the screen itself and looks like some of the little eInk microcapsules have burst or something. Something that would give a similar result to dead/stuck pixels. Anyone seen anything like that come up with an eInk screen?

(sorry for the poor image, it's just a quicky with my scanner)

I guess I'll email Bookeen support although I'm not hopeful of getting much help.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It looks like a big enough fault to justify a screen replacement to me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yeah, I think so. At first I thought no big deal, but after reading with it like that for a bit it's distracting.

I've emailed Bookeen, we'll see what they have to say. If they respond.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Well, that was quick. They agree it's a 'dead pixel' problem and have already issued an RMA number for warranty display replacement.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Y'know? Having stared at it and stared at it, *I* think it's running a Game of Life in background mode.

Siriusly tho, it looks like a screen flaw, and it will probably get worse over time. You might want to send it in and get it repaired.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Well, I can report a positive Bookeen CS experience. I emailed them November 11th and they replied with an RMA the next day. Mailed it out on the 13th and on the 24th they emailed they had received it. On December 2nd my new Opus arrived from France.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Good for you

It's always anoying to be without our reader
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Good for you

It's always anoying to be without our reader
It is. My Sony's just developed a faulty screen - I'm back reading on the Opus at present.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
It is. My Sony's just developed a faulty screen - I'm back reading on the Opus at present.
At least you have a backup
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
At least you have a backup
Everyone needs a backup (or two).