Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
almanegra
almanegra began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
interesting experiment of an Italian newspaper

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that a major Italian newspaper, La Stampa, is running tests to provide its digital version optimized for the iLiad. Works are progressing rapidly and the result is excellent. basically, you can comfortably read the newspaper full edition on the iLiad. The newspaper can be dwnloaded every day through iDS and seamlessly gets unpacked in the iLiad.

I am not a developer, but I would like to share this infor with you guys who know the tech side - possibly, moral support

I hope you can find this news interesting. The public announcement of [the availability...] of the iLiad version of this major newspaper is scheduled for May 15, 2009.

Cheers, alex
almanegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by almanegra View Post
I hope you can find this news interesting. The public announcement of [the availability...] of the iLiad version of this major newspaper is scheduled for May 15, 2009.
Hi Alex, Good news. Is this a paid service?

I would be interested in English newspapers..Anyone know of any english newspapers available for iliad?

Newspaper reading was a major pitch for the iliad's advt campaigns. For eg., Last year's Tokyo Book Exhibition showed iliad displaying japanese news articles. So was a recent iliad video taken in a Tokyo restaurant.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
almanegra

Hi Rhari,

The service is available for people who subscribe to the newspaper, which is only in Italian. I know another Italian newspaper (Corriere della Sera) is probably making a deal with Amazon for delivery through the Kindle (and I think they have an English version as well, but I have no more details on this) - I personally support the iLiad as a device, as its screen allows for a much better visualization. the newspaper is doing a certain amount of work to twaek the formatting to adapt to the iLiad and the results are fairly impressive. The newspaper can me easily read and the navigation is pretty straigtforward. The delivery through the iDS is seamless. I will try to post a few screenshots in a next post right now, to show how the whole stuff appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post

I would be interested in English newspapers..Anyone know of any english newspapers available for iliad?

Newspaper reading was a major pitch for the iliad's advt campaigns. For eg., Last year's Tokyo Book Exhibition showed iliad displaying japanese news articles. So was a recent iliad video taken in a Tokyo restaurant.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
almanegra

screenshot

I attached a screenshot, not sure I did all steps right...

alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lastampa-epaper-iliad.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	28694