Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #37681
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

For supper tonight I'm fixing pot roast in the slow cooker. We're out of potatoes, and there's not even a can of Veg-All (which is mostly all potatoes these days) around to use as a substitute, but I plan to add so many other vegetables to the mix that perhaps their absence won't be noticed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #37682
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I would whine and carry ongo forth and procure potato!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #37683
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My wife has my car because my son has her truck. I have to schedule appointments ahead of time to use my own vehicle.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #37684
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Well, he found out he has a gallstone so will need some surgery.

The wait wasn't that bad. We had a power surge for a few seconds though, that freaked me out. My dad told me he thought it was a side effect of the painkillers, but he heard the computers coming back on.

Was able to sleep a little bit this morning, now just waiting for Amazon shipment #3. They're getting really bad about the two-day delivery and cutting corners.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #37685
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My wife has my car because my son has her truck. I have to schedule appointments ahead of time to use my own vehicle.
o.i.c. too far to walk? for me it's seven miles so I know what a PITA that can be
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #37686
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Jessica - I'm glad they were able to find out what was wrong.

Tom - My slow cooker pot roast: fill slow cooker with cut potatoes, etc., and seasonings, then add in roast. Obviously, I like the potatoes more than the meat. I make big pots of soup the same way. I start saving left-over vegetables, potatoes, and meat in a big container in the deep freeze (I cut up celery stalks and the leaves to freeze too). Then (when I have enough) I make a pot of soup. I usually save the extra broth when I cook down a whole chicken, so I have a good stock broth too.

Time to go make breakfast and start getting ready for work. It's still going to be hot, but the a/c a work really helps.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #37687
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
o.i.c. too far to walk? for me it's seven miles so I know what a PITA that can be
Since my fall a month ago when I fractured my skull, any distance is too far to walk, including the 2 miles to the store. I can't stand for more than a few minutes without pain in my side. I thought at first it was a broken rib or torn cartridge. A CAT scan ruled out a broken rib. Now the doctor thinks I may have injured my liver. I go in for another CAT scan Friday, this time on my abdomen. My side doesn't hurt when I'm sitting. As long as I'm sitting down, if I'm experiencing any pain, it's in my sinuses or over my right eye where the surgeon put in that titanium plate. Ouch. I'm getting tired of being in pain. I think this fall messed up the sinuses on my right side even worse than they were before. Even being online too long gives me a headache. But I know that this, too, shall pass. It's just irritating as hell in the meantime.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #37688
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Since my fall a month ago when I fractured my skull, any distance is too far to walk, including the 2 miles to the store. I can't stand for more than a few minutes without pain in my side. I thought at first it was a broken rib or torn cartridge. A CAT scan ruled out a broken rib. Now the doctor thinks I may have injured my liver. I go in for another CAT scan Friday, this time on my abdomen. My side doesn't hurt when I'm sitting. As long as I'm sitting down, if I'm experiencing any pain, it's in my sinuses or over my right eye where the surgeon put in that titanium plate. Ouch. I'm getting tired of being in pain. I think this fall messed up the sinuses on my right side even worse than they were before. Even being online too long gives me a headache. But I know that this, too, shall pass. It's just irritating as hell in the meantime.
That's crap, Tom. Unforeseen consequences of a fall that should have been a few scrapes and bruises. Get well soon.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #37689
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That's crap, Tom. Unforeseen consequences of a fall that should have been a few scrapes and bruises. Get well soon.
Sounds like you may have a bruised liver ... bummer ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #37690
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Sorry to hear it, Tom. That really sucks. Now that you have the time to 'do,' you really feel the inability even more. Get better soon so you can go outside and play!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #37691
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I know. Tonight I went out in the backyard and walked with Norton. I had to get a stool so I could stop and sit every couple of minutes while Norton checked his pee-mail at every tree as well as every few feet of the neighbor's fence.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #37692
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I hope you get back to feeling normal very soon, Tom. I know it is a pain to have the free time and not get to enjoy it. I really hope it is just recovering pains and not something with your liver.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #37693
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I hope you feel better, soon, WT Sharpe.

Quote:
...I don't know why, but iPad's autocorrect doesn't like "It's" and a few other contractions...
It's Siri. She's a robot, like Data. He can't use contractions, either.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #37694
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I hope you feel better, soon, WT Sharpe.

Thanks. I'm just venting because I haven't been getting better as fast as I expected. I thought I would have been back to full strength by a couple of weeks ago. I guess when some folks hit 64 they can't expect to bounce back from things like they did at 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
It's Siri. She's a robot, like Data. He can't use contractions, either.

Of course. I should have realized that from the start!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #37695
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
My iphone likes contractions just fine. I typed an SMS message the other day "Howre yall coping?" and the first two words got apostrophes added, just as I wanted.
So I don't see why yours doesn't like them. ?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?