Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Free writing course

I came across this while poking round over at youtube this morning.

http://www.cupiderosbooks.com/WritingLessons.html
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Curious. A rather intrusive website, so I didn't go beyond the first page.

The author seems to have a thing for meeting "the handsome or gorgeous person of the opposite sex" - which explicitly cuts out several possible variations of the story examples.

The article opens with "MOST PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO WRITE BECAUSE...", and it continues working from that assumption - that everyone would be a writer if they weren't afraid to try it. This may make for an good sales approach for the website, but I don't think its true and it gives the "lessons" a strange slant.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hadn't read very much of the site yet myself. White and pink on purple is an odd choice for color scheme (text and background). Granted some of it does have an unusual slant but it does make some good points too I think. Anyway I figure a free resource isn't going to necessarily be as well structured as one that you have to pay for.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
julid
julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That was great. Now I have to go write another story. Thanks for posting it!
julid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julid View Post
That was great. Now I have to go write another story. Thanks for posting it!
You're quite welcome. Good luck with your writing.
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
I have to say they have a big pr job to overcome my firm belief that most things that are free are worth every penny. One thing I note from a _very_ quick look around: this is all theory and there's no-one there to look at your stuff and point you in the right direction. It can be very hard to exercise your writing muscle from theory only.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote