Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #481
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Ghosting issues while screen refresh rate is set to every page

Product: Kobo Glo (but guess that other models are also affected)
Firmware: 3.2.0 (2/11/14)
Plugins: not applicable
File types: epub and kepubs (*)
(*) Note: the ghosting effect is much less present/visible with kepub than with regular/sideloaded epubs but is slightly visible.
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: not applicable (**)
(**) Note: Happens with kepub and regular epubs. Affects both original, unaltered purchased kepubs and converted kepubs (using the plugin or by simply changing the file extension to .kepub.epub). Happens with DRMmed and non DRMmed regular Adobe epubs.
On external SD: not tested. Tested when using the internal memory.
Steps to reproduce:
Ghosting of images
  1. Settings. Reading settings: refresh rate screen set to: 1 page
  2. Go to the cover page, or any other page that contains a image
  3. Then go to the previous or next page that contains only text and has a default or white background color. (***)
Ghosting of a non white background color
  1. Settings. Reading settings: refresh rate screen set to: 1 page
  2. Go/open a page that has a non white background color
  3. Then go to the previous or next page that only contains text and has a default or white background color.
Obivously applies also to:
  • smaller images, text boxes with a non white background color.
  • opening a book directly from the home screen and opens to a page that contains a image or non white background color. The tiles of the home screen are visible in the background.

(***) Note: default and white background color are the same.

Current result:
The image or non default background color is visible through the text as it where part of the "background" of that text page.

Workaround: No. The screen refresh rate has already been set to the lowest possible value.

Last edited by Anak; 04-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #482
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Ok, I confirm the Collections bug.

Reported by: j-beda and trinity1

Product: Glo
Firmware: 3.2.0
Plugins: ?
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Go to Collections
  2. See the Collections order
  3. Try to change it
Current result: Collections are sorted by creation time. You can't change the order
Workaround: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...18&postcount=4
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #483
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

@Anak: yes, I also noticed this problem while using pickel. If I'm on home and use pickel to display an image with white background, home elements remains as ghosts, even if I refresh the screen many times.

I confirm and add it.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #484
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

About wifi, I used it for a while to do some tests for my database backup tool. Every time I tried to reconnect, Kobo re-asked me the wifi key. I get bored and I changed it to a numerical-only key. After that, Kobo remembered the key.

Can someone confirm me this behaviour?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #485
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Ok, I confirm the Collections bug.

Reported by: j-beda and trinity1

Product: Glo
Firmware: 3.2.0
Plugins: ?
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Go to Collections
  2. See the Collections order
  3. Try to change it
Current result: Collections are sorted by creation time. You can't change the order
Workaround: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...18&postcount=4
This problem occurs if you do something to recreate the config file. It seems that when this is done with the current firmware, it doesn't put the appropriate option in the file. It will happen if you:

- log out on the device
- delete the config file
- Do a factory reset and go straight to 3.2.0

As the option is there if for anyone that has upgraded through the versions, there must be at least one firmware version that correctly adds the option. But, I don't know which.

It also affects the Touch. But, on the Touch, there is no way to select the sort order on the collections list. And I'm pretty sure it affect the Aura and Aura HD in the same way as the Glo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #486
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
A minor-ish nit in 3.2.0 on the Aura:

The Aura doesn't notice when the calendar changes from GMT (UTC+0) to BST (daylight savings, UTC+0100). This is despite the setting for synchronising time being set, despite syncing several times, and despite the location in the Aura settings being set to "London".

Reselecting "London" in the settings screen now sets the timezone to UTC+0100.

Last edited by chrisridd; 04-20-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Corrected the firmware version
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #487
Linton
Linton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Excessive page refresh with games on 3.3.0

Aura HD just updated to 3.3.0.

With previous versions the solitaire card games occasionally started refreshing the page at every screen touch. On restarting the game this disappeared. With 3.3.0 refreshing on every touch seems permanent. Anyone else seen this? Any fix known?
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #488
trinity1
Enthusiast
trinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This problem occurs if you do something to recreate the config file. It seems that when this is done with the current firmware, it doesn't put the appropriate option in the file. It will happen if you:

- log out on the device
- delete the config file
- Do a factory reset and go straight to 3.2.0

As the option is there if for anyone that has upgraded through the versions, there must be at least one firmware version that correctly adds the option. But, I don't know which.

It also affects the Touch. But, on the Touch, there is no way to select the sort order on the collections list. And I'm pretty sure it affect the Aura and Aura HD in the same way as the Glo.
Not sure: I didn't perform any of the steps above: I was on 3.1.1 and upgraded to 3.2.0 (sideloaded) without factory reset. That somehow deleted the sort option from my config file
trinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #489
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linton View Post
Aura HD just updated to 3.3.0.

With previous versions the solitaire card games occasionally started refreshing the page at every screen touch. On restarting the game this disappeared. With 3.3.0 refreshing on every touch seems permanent. Anyone else seen this? Any fix known?
I haven't tested games but in Web Browser, the continuous refresh while dragging is unbearable. (Post in 3.3.0 thread)

I've directly reverted to 3.2.0.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #490
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
WIFI connexion impossible after 3.3.0 FW update

Since the FW 3.3.0 recent update I can't connect to my WIFI AP (WPA2), the same I used to download the update. Furthermore, the preferred network is not saved in the Kobo Glo.

Steps:
  1. Sync
  2. fill in the network id and password
  3. a connexion is seen on the AP monitor
  4. the connexion disappear
  5. on the Kobo Glo the screen returns to the list of networks (without the preferred network)
  6. sync is still running
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #491
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
Since the FW 3.3.0 recent update I can't connect to my WIFI AP (WPA2), the same I used to download the update. Furthermore, the preferred network is not saved in the Kobo Glo.
I'm having the same problem. Just updated the firmware to 3.3.0 over wifi, and after the installation/reboot, the Aura HD would no longer make a wifi connection. The preferred network list comes up empty. Scanning for networks just hangs. If I add my wifi network manually, I get an incorrect login error (and I did triple-check the password.) I'm truly at a loss here!

UPDATE: I already had wifi problems before 3.3.0 (had to reboot the device every time I wanted to connect to wifi), and then the 3.3.0 update broke wifi connectivity completely. I tried factory reset as the last resort. During the factory reset process (right after setting up wifi connection -- which worked without a hitch!!) the device downloaded and installed the firmware update (again). Anyway, this factory reset seems to have solved my wifi problems once and for all. It's been over two days and I haven't had any issue at all with wifi. I'm happy that the problem's solved, and if anyone with a wifi problem hasn't tried factory reset yet, I highly recommend that you try it.

Last edited by soseono; 05-12-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Updated with a solution
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #492
initist
initist began at the beginning.

Product: Kobo Glo
Firmware: 3.30
Plugins: N/A
File types: N/A
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: N/A
On external SD: N/A
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Leave brightness on 1%.
  2. Press light button to turn off the light.
  3. Press light button again. The brightness doesn't turn on.
Current result: I can't turn on the brightness using the light button if it's left on 1%. I have to use the slider to turn up the light, and then slide back down to 1% to have it working.
Workaround: Leave lightness on something above 1% when turning off light.
initist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #493
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by initist View Post
Product: Kobo Glo
Firmware: 3.30
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Leave brightness on 1%.
  2. Press light button to turn off the light.
  3. Press light button again. The brightness doesn't turn on.
Current result: I can't turn on the brightness using the light button if it's left on 1%. I have to use the slider to turn up the light, and then slide back down to 1% to have it working.
Workaround: Leave lightness on something above 1% when turning off light.
I leave my Glo's brightness set to 1%, and have never encountered this issue, on 3.3.0 or any other firmware.

(Clarity edit: Before posting, I verified that I had the brightness set to 1%, and used the button to turn the light on and off several times with no problem.)

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 05-21-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #494
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I see this now that I look at it; it IS fairly subtle to see the difference but if you set it to 1% and hold the Glo in a dark area (say under a desk), when you turn the light off and back on it does stay off.

Setting the light at 2% on the other hand it does go off and come back on correctly.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #495
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Product: Kobo Aura
Firmware: 3.3.0
Plugins: None
File types: All
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Both
On external SD: Yes
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open an .epub or .kepub and set to the smallest margin (slider all the way to the left).
Current result: When on the smallest margin setting and the letter "f" is the last letter on the right margin it's top right line/curve is partially cut off. This happens on any font whose top line of the f goes past the second lower line in the f. This bug also effects Italic letters when ending on the right margin on the smallest margin setting.
Workaround: None if you want to use the smallest margin setting.

The first image is Gothic font on smallest margin. You can see the Italic text is cut off on the right margin. The second photo is Georgia font on smallest margin. You can see the f's are cut off when compared to f's that are not on the very right margin.

As noted on the front page I have emailed Kobo this bug report. I will update when/if they respond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140525_160623.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	596.0 KB
ID:	123349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140525_160805.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	123350  

Last edited by violent23; 05-25-2014 at 04:40 PM.
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app