Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
StiffmasterX
StiffmasterX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Hacking Problems

Hello everyone,

I tried hacking my Kobo with the instructions given in the wiki.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Touch_Hacking

My Model is N905. I am trying to use the newest Firmware 2.6.2.
First Problem:
There is no inittab copied to the public storage.
I have no idea why. I copy/pasted everything from the wiki.

I tried something, but that ended in hard resetting my device.

What I want to do:

I want to use python and pygame on the kobo touch to play around a bit but with those problems...

Regards,

StiffmasterX
StiffmasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
I got the inittab, but I cannot telnet- I get "Connection closed by foreign host".
Also, in /etc/initd.conf there are three commented out lines, one of which is about telnet- I don't know enough about telnet to say if it's useful or not.
I'm running the same firmware as the OP.
Anyone get telnet working with this model firmware?
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It's "inetd.conf", not "initd.conf". On my Mini, I don't think a "inetd.conf" was present in the original firmware. See the other thread, I can provide my KoboRoot.tgz for enabling Telnet in ~24hours.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote