Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #91
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvdtux View Post
For what I can see:
Color - White.
Uniformity - excelent. Maybe fraction of milimeters at the top is brighter. Not disturbing at all. Clearly better then Amazon Paperwhite.
I can confirm, for an e-ink screen that has led diodes only on one side the light is as uniform as it can get, no refraction, no colored hues. No backlight bleed or PWM flickering either

EDIT
actually the screen in my device is a tiny bit brighter on the lower half, opposite the led diodes but the brightness increase is uniform, you really have to look for it to notice, it's not something that I would consider a defect or that would spoil reading.

Last edited by yayo; 11-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #92
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Review on Firefly in a major Spanish Forum: http://traductor.elmundo.es/Pages/Ur...lternates=True
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #93
GusLightyear
GusLightyear began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Hello,

I am triying to use the Pinch-to Zoom function, but I don´t know how to do it and I haven´t found how to activate it on the settings.

Could you please help me?

Regards
GusLightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #94
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hello,
Is the manual for the i62 firefly available for download from anywhere ? Thank you
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #95
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
And other Tagus e-reader (Tagus Magno) looks like Onyx Boox M92
http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...aderTagusMagno

I wonder which other i62/M92 clones is there?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #96
inthemood
Zealot

Epub with coolreader - strange behavior, no zoom with fingers, can't change font style, words get highlighted when I touch the screen, etc… feels buggy.

My firmware is 1.8 20121119

Thank you for any help.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #97
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
At first sight I like the user interface of this one better than the ui on mine
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #98
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
At first sight I like the user interface of this one better than the ui on mine
You're right. That looks readable without a magnifying glass.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #99
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
You're right. That looks readable without a magnifying glass.
Yes!
It's supposed to be in physical bookstores here in Spain in one week. I will look and compare to my Onyx Boox i62.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #100
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
My 5 cents.

The "información técnica" for the "TargusLux" claims 256 MB RAM.
This is a significant difference with respect to "Boox i62" which has 128 MB RAM.

(Well, having a very good experience with "Boox M92", I started looking for a small "portable" device myself ... with at least 256 MB RAM. The "Boox M92" has 256 MB RAM and, while "observing" its RAM usage, I can see many situations in which it uses 160 MB and more.)

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-07-2012 at 05:56 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #101
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
It remains to be seen whether side loading will be possible with the Targus or it will be locked to Casadellibro's online shop, Kindle style.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #102
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
My 5 cents.

This is a significant difference with respect to "Boox i62" which has 128 MB RAM.

(Well, having a very good experience with "Boox M92", I started looking for a small "portable" device myself ... with at least 256 MB RAM. The "Boox M92" has 256 MB RAM and, while "observing" its RAM usage, I can see many situations in which it uses 160 MB and more.)
Oh ? What kind of situations ?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #103
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
It remains to be seen whether side loading will be possible with the Targus or it will be locked to Casadellibro's online shop, Kindle style.
As Casadellibro uses Adobe ADE as DRM perhaps side loading of epub even with ADE DRM could be possible. Perhaps ...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #104
Sedano
Sedano began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone
Quoted from Casadellibro.com, in reference to the Tagus Lux ereader (firefly clone):

"Compatibilidad de formatos:

El eReader Tagus Lux es compatible con formatos de contenidos incluidos PDF&EPUB DRM, TXT, HTML, CHM, PDB, MOBIPOCKET, FB2, DJVU, PDF, EPUB, WORD, PPT, EXCEL (2007&2003), MP3, RTF, ZIP & RAR etc."

No translation needed. It supports PDF & EPUB protected with DRM... AND PDF & EPUB... the latter being any PDF and any EPUB.

...so, this comment by Booxtor on the Tagus Lux is just not true:

"The selling model is similar to Amazon - you will be able to use content of the seller only. This is why those devices are slightly cheaper than ours."

Last edited by Sedano; 12-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Sedano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #105
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
My 5 cents.

This is a significant difference with respect to "Boox i62" which has 128 MB RAM.=
The package box shown in the review that fraylocus linked to shows just 128 MB RAM. And that's a Spanish reviewer.

My Firefly is waiting for me when I get to Georgia (US) on Sunday. My anticipation is somewhat dampened by what you guys are reporting about the 8GB flash memory (4 on board + 4 microSD). I misread the specs, but can't help from feeling that it was purposefully misleading.

Oh, well...just hope Booxtor's promised imminent Firefly update has the menu redesign and other known issue fixes.

Doesn't anyone know the answer to inthemood's question about availability of a manual?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote