Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
nremi
nremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Well, okay, but isn't everyone who uses the News feature of Calibre going to have to deal with this? It isn't obvious that CC couldn't somehow coordinate this with Calibre itself, with a special flag/tag for news feeds or something.
nremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremi View Post
Well, okay, but isn't everyone who uses the News feature of Calibre going to have to deal with this?
Deleting news on devices has been discussed before and in the past Kovid has been hesitant to implement anything that automatically removes books from devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremi View Post
It isn't obvious that CC couldn't somehow coordinate this with Calibre itself, with a special flag/tag for news feeds or something.
CC may be able to implement something along these lines, but I'll be happy when CC recognizes I deleted a book on my device or allows me to delete a book via CC.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #33
nremi
nremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I can understand the desire to exert local control over its content, and it seems the superior option.

As you say, local deletion is the important first step; fortunately, it is on its way.
nremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #34
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
I've opted for "Book format options".
Now that you have the menu item as Book format options you might consider changing the landing page from Book format locations to Book formats & locations. Additionally a small paragraph at the top of this page under the heading might help. Something along the lines of...

"Choose book formats you wish to permit to be transferred to your device and if desired specify a location."

Keep up the good work!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote