Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
jlbarr
jlbarr began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor, ipod touch
Sending Books to external card on NookColor

When sending books to the external memory card on my NookColor, it saves it to the root directory of the memory card. The Nook does not recognize the books until I move them to

X:\My Files\Books\

Is there anway to set the path?

Last edited by jlbarr; 06-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.
jlbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I seriously doubt the NC would not recognize files anywhere on the card. The whole idea of storage cards is to allow users to conveniently sideload books. Are you sure?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
jlbarr

I can manually navigate to that location and indeed open the book, but when browsing thru the book library of the Nook, they are not detected until I relocate them to the correct path. Then they show up normally.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm ok, I'll look into it, can you open a ticket so I dont forget.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
jlbarr

Yes, Thanks
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
rbroberts
rbroberts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle 3G
I didn't yet see a ticket on this one, but I had the same problem pop up. I had change Calibre's preferences so that uploads went to the the card under "My Files/My Documents" (the documents were PDF files). I forgot to change it back before uploading some books, and while the Nook sort-of knew they were there, they did not show up in when browsing the library, but did show up when I used the Nook to create a "shelf".

Which leads me to the real thing I wanted to ask about....would it be possible to have Calibre know to load different document types to different locations rather than one location for all files?

roland
rbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
jlbarr

Since the update to 0.8.5, the books are now sent to

x:\My Files\Books\Books\author

The extra directory level is redundant, but the NC does pick up the books now and lists them in the library. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by jlbarr; 06-12-2011 at 07:36 AM.