Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Lenovo:Tablet/laptop w/stylus coming in July...you wont believe the price!

Quote:
Ready for one awesome Easter present? Well, it appears that Lenovo’s having a rough time keeping a lid on its new products this weekend, and we just got a hold of a juicy PowerPoint that reveals a new ThinkPad tablet for “on-the-go professionals.” No, this isn’t a Windows 7 convertible like you’d expect — this is a full-fledged Android 3.0 slate complete with an optional pen and an accompanying “keyboard portfolio case.” (more...)
According to the images attached in the story the price is set for $499. If this price materializes there will be no way the existing tablets can sustain their current price point.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 04-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hmmm... Real pen input, finally. That's what many have been longing for. It's getting exciting now, just watching what materializes. Every time I think I've decided on something, a new player is introduced.

Last edited by SCION; 04-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
The rest of 2011 should be an interesting year for tablets
I'm mostly interested to see what penabled tablets they'll manage to bring forth, this is what I miss the most in today's tablets.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I think my prediction is going to come true. I'd say by the end of 2012 the whole "REAL" functioning keyboard attachment will be SOP for tablets.

I say within 3 years this will be how laptops are sold.

Asus is really on to something.

My wife LOVES Lenovo, so I can see an Asus and this one sharing space in our household in the near future.

Last edited by boswd; 04-27-2011 at 01:47 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Interesting, reminds me a bit of the smartbook http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/smartbook.htm
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
According to the images attached in the story the price is set for $499. If this price materializes there will be no way the existing tablets can sustain their current price point.

=X=
Why do you say that? $499 doesn't include the keyboard. Motorola and Samsung have already adjusted their prices for their non-3G tablets. There is a slow but steady lowering of tablets but I don't see the pricing of Lenovo's tablet changing that trend (accelerating or slowing).
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Why do you say that? $499 doesn't include the keyboard. Motorola and Samsung have already adjusted their prices for their non-3G tablets. There is a slow but steady lowering of tablets but I don't see the pricing of Lenovo's tablet changing that trend (accelerating or slowing).
Things can change but according to the spec sheet the $499 model contains all of the features of the Samusng and Xoom plus 3G for $499.

Neither of these vendors have an entry model with 3G starting at $499. And the Xoom does not have a model at $499.

Unfortunately the pen and keyboard is sold separately, but for now Lenovo seems to be giving users the most for the price.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #8
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
just found this over on Engadget. This is a very impressive looking device for sure. I still say waiting on a slate until Oct/Nov of this year is the smart move even if you can use a slate today.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/24/l...comb-ips-disp/
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
The rest of 2011 should be an interesting year for tablets
I'm mostly interested to see what penabled tablets they'll manage to bring forth, this is what I miss the most in today's tablets.
yeah, I honestly don't get the lack of pen enabled devices. The costs of Wacom has dropped a lot over the past 5-6yrs thanks to competing technologies. I remember reading a tear down on iSuppli that showed a 10" Wacom panel was around $30-$50 all-in. To me a slate device w/o pen input is kinda pointless.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote