Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Was I updated?

Sitting on the bus home from work and reading, we entered a bus depot that on the other side of the street has a computer shop. Said shop offers free Wi-Fi, maybe as a promotion, perhaps as device to see what is happening around them. At any rate, I did not have Wi-Fi turned on while reading in the bus, yet suddenly it did a "soft reboot" (The Kindle tree with a progression bar) to my imminent surprise.

I know run version 3.0.1 (525120101)
Have I've been updated? If so, how can Amazon do that when my Wi-Fi is turned off?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
wscott
wscott is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Same here

I had one of those yesterday too, but I was already running 3.0.3 so
I don't think it was an update.
wscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I had some spontaneous reboots, but that was before I installed 3.0.3.
I also installed 3.0.2 myself.
3.0.1 I got spontaneously, after emailing Amazon about a problem,; must have been a coïncidence.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote