Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Fire HDX updated

I woke up today to find my Fire HDX was updated to version 13.3.2.1 Has anyone else seen this update and if so, any idea what it offers or fixes?
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I think it's the same update as the HD. Just bug fixes and refinements. It's not posted up yet though, but it's a 1 point difference.

Here's the other thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234315
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Don't see that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el.jeffe58 View Post
I woke up today to find my Fire HDX was updated to version 13.3.2.1 Has anyone else seen this update and if so, any idea what it offers or fixes?
My HDX 2013 is still at 13.3.1.0. I tapped the "Check Now" button and it did not find any new updates.

I went to the Amazon site and the latest version is still 13.3.1 per this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201357190

Maybe all the upgrades are coming from a variety of sites and are not being made available simultaneously.

Last edited by sirmaru; 02-21-2014 at 11:36 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Sirmaru, I believe it is pushed. It will come to you, do not fret. One good thing I see is a terrible calendar app crash that I traced back to Yahoo server settings conflicting with the app and crashing it upon start of the cal app irrespective of if you use Yahoo cal or not. That, thank the Lord, has been fixed in the update. Yahoo is a necessary evil for a few things like ebay and paypal for me (my choice ofc). Mayday confirmed a few weeks ago to me I was right about Yahoo. That fix did not take too long. <happy dance>
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mayday may have pushed your upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el.jeffe58 View Post
Sirmaru, I believe it is pushed. It will come to you, do not fret. One good thing I see is a terrible calendar app crash that I traced back to Yahoo server settings conflicting with the app and crashing it upon start of the cal app irrespective of if you use Yahoo cal or not. That, thank the Lord, has been fixed in the update. Yahoo is a necessary evil for a few things like ebay and paypal for me (my choice ofc). Mayday confirmed a few weeks ago to me I was right about Yahoo. That fix did not take too long. <happy dance>
Since you called Mayday with that defect, you may have received a special update which will not go to the rest of us at the present time.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote