Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #1186
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I'm not sure whether Duokan support using png files as screensaver.
I don't use Duokan, but I suspect that it does not support .pug files as screensavers.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #1187
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I don't use Duokan, but I suspect that it does not support .pug files as screensavers.
most probably yes. I assume it's a typo.

the problem noted by you about using ln on FAT system is more technical one (and I didn't know that)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #1188
ixoster
ixoster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Quote:
did you try to use a different font?
I tried change in Settings>Reading>English Font, but couldn't see any changes. Maybe need change some else?
ixoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #1189
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixoster View Post
I tried change in Settings>Reading>English Font, but couldn't see any changes. Maybe need change some else?
I think that it's the correct place. BTW you can copy the fonts you want to use into DK_System\xKindle\res\sysfonts
Old 06-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #1190
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile

Quote:
I'm not sure whether Duokan support using png files as screensaver.
I got connet with Duokan from China,
they tell me that Duokan support using png files as screensaver really.

But I am suspect I make a mistake in the 'sh' with Kual.

I want to get some screensaver from the directory of '/mnt/us/system/.assets/.../screensvr.png',

And put them into the directory of '/mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver',

but I don't want to copy them one by one everyweek,
it's not comfortable.

I'm not familiar with Linux,
Could you help me to finish it?

richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1191
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Red face

Quote:
most probably yes. I assume it's a typo.

the problem noted by you about using ln on FAT system is more technical one (and I didn't know that)
I am very sorry that I really made ​​a big mistake...
It should be 'png'

Old 06-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #1192
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Could you help me to finish it?
almost complete?

try this as run.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/us/system/.assets
For F in `find -name screensvr.png -type f` 
do
DATE=$(date +%Y_%m_%d-%H-%M-%S-%N);
cp $F /mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver/${DATE}.png;
done
(quoted from here )
Old 06-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #1193
richy1989
Connoisseur

Quote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
do
done
It doesn't work.
So sadly.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #1194
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
It doesn't work.
So sadly.

A bit more detail than "doesn't work" is required.

And please stop the double posting.

Keep the kual script development conversation in a single thread so that other readers can follow the process.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #1195
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
do
done
[SIZE="1"]
I finish it,
Thank you all the same.

It's here,you can have a try.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=883
Old 06-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #1196
thomass
Wizard

update R3.0

(not released yet. )

Quote:
New features include:

● Browser:
  • Access Public Wifi hotspot, such as CMCC, China Unicom, My Beijing, campus network, airports Wifi;
  • fallback when browsing the web forward refresh, etc.;
  • History browsing capabilities;
  • browsing the web article mode;
  • touch screen can Pinch;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DuokanBrowser.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	107228  

Last edited by thomass; 06-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #1197
satchmo
satchmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi everybody!
Is there a way to change system fonts of the Duokan OS? Current fonts don't fully support Vietnamese yet, so when I browse to TOC, Bookmarks, Comments, Annotations, they don't display correct Vietnamese characters.
satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #1198
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
Current fonts don't fully support Vietnamese yet,
try to change the encoding of your language file to UTF-8 or another one.

Last edited by thomass; 06-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #1199
satchmo
satchmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
try to change the encoding of your language file to UTF-8 or another one.
It's doesn't work. The problem is when i annotate a paragraph that contains Vietnamese characters and later i want to review it , it doesn't display correctly.
satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #1200
gienkollo
The Cooler
gienkollo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Browser? it was last feature what i missed for, sometimes.
Duokan team FTW, you are doing great job guys!
gienkollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf