Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
AliciaNunz
AliciaNunz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Angry No covers on Sleep or Off Mode - Sideloads only

All of a sudden, a new problem has occurred on my Kobo Mini. When I put it to sleep or turn it off, I am only getting the smiley face not the book cover. This is only happening with sideloaded books. My kepubs are fine. This has only just started happening. Any ideas? I load my books through Calibre.

Thanks,
Alicia
AliciaNunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaNunz View Post
All of a sudden, a new problem has occurred on my Kobo Mini. When I put it to sleep or turn it off, I am only getting the smiley face not the book cover. This is only happening with sideloaded books. My kepubs are fine. This has only just started happening. Any ideas? I load my books through Calibre.

Thanks,
Alicia
Oft reported known issue. There is a thread with a possible workaround but it is not fail safe.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
AliciaNunz

Thanks Peter. I looked but can't find it. Do you remember the thread by any chance?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaNunz View Post
Thanks Peter. I looked but can't find it. Do you remember the thread by any chance?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201475 I think it was
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
AliciaNunz

Thanks Peter. It didn't work.

Tags
covers, kobo mini, sideloaded