Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 AM   #271
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
abrizz, it took about 3 weeks for me to get my order. I can't quite remember how I paid for my order but I think I just used my credit card. Not sure but I don't think they accept Paypal. The ordering process from aliexpress went very smoothly -- they give you a certain time frame to expect your order, and within which time frame you can file a complaint/open a dispute if items received are not to your satisfaction.

Will post pictures later as am still at work and don't have my camera with me
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #272
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
I have ordered the hot pink one from here. Can't wait to get it
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #273
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Hm.... That case actually scuffs corners when not sanded down far enough? So, when not sanding, you actually can't get the Kindle out, without using something to pry in between the case and the device?

Whatever I do, this won't be ordered.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #274
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are pictures of my light blue cover -- I tried adjusting the colors to make it look as close to what it looks like in person but I'm afraid I don't think I did a very good job.

Like other have mentioned in this thread, the cover seems to stick up at the sides (shown in picture). I'm hoping the cover will stretch itself out enough that it lays flat in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DS1_4629.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	100396   Click image for larger version

Name:	DS1_4618.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	100397   Click image for larger version

Name:	DS1_4633.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	100398   Click image for larger version

Name:	DS1_4647.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	100399  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #275
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
xtine, very nice! I like it!

For my similar case, I used a knife with a sharp edge to scrap out the inner corner, not sandpaper. Worked very well and I can get the corner out pretty easily.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #276
xtine
Addict

Thanks, booklover6! I took a Dremel to it tonight (my dad had a grinding stone attached to it) so that's what I used. As you can see in the picture with the cover open, the edges came out looking a little ragged. I think I should have used a sanding band instead. I actually tried using an X-acto knife earlier but the blade was a bit dull so I couldn't get it to cut smoothly
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #277
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
My lovely purple case is falling apart. It has been used for 6 weeks inside my home only and never dropped. My PW was put into it when it arrived and I never even tried to remove it, until now. I didn't even file any corners like others have posted here and now both bottom corners of the case are crumbling so the PW is no longer held securely. I am so disappointed, I know it was cheap, and I didn't expect it to last forever, but 6 weeks???

I contacted the seller, googleproducts, about this about 5 days ago, but have not received either a reply or even acknowledgement. Do you think it is worthwhile pursuing this through eBay?

I know many people have the same case, but I haven't seen anyone else posting this problem, so I am wondering why my case is affected. The only thing I can think of is that I usually read lying on my side in bed, with the PW mainly supported by the bottom corner resting on the base of my palm. Maybe this explains why the bottom corners of the case have disintegrated while the top corners are fine? Even if it is the reason, I don't think the cover should be falling apart like this.

I have just bought the case with a magnetic lock which will do for now, although I still prefer the original case without. The first two photos are of the original case, the other of the new one. As you can see, the magnetic catch, while being unnecessarily long, doesn't actually protrude 1/8" from the cover as somebody else has posted, it is flat (or ever so slightly recessed) with the cover on top and protrudes about 0.5mm on the side which I find acceptable and doesn't interfere with my holding the device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0295.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	917.4 KB
ID:	100456   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0296.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	916.0 KB
ID:	100457   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0295 2.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	940.8 KB
ID:	100458   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0296 2.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	949.8 KB
ID:	100459   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0297.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	944.9 KB
ID:	100460   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0298.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	916.9 KB
ID:	100461  
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #278
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Hi Lyn2012, on your new magnetic case, did you need to file or scrape any of the corners to put the Paperwhite in it? If you did not, are you able to easily remove the Paperwhite from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post

I have just bought the case with a magnetic lock which will do for now, although I still prefer the original case without. The first two photos are of the original case, the other of the new one. As you can see, the magnetic catch, while being unnecessarily long, doesn't actually protrude 1/8" from the cover as somebody else has posted, it is flat (or ever so slightly recessed) with the cover on top and protrudes about 0.5mm on the side which I find acceptable and doesn't interfere with my holding the device.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #279
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thanks for posting about your issues, Lyn2012.
I am assuming the first two pictures are of a different case than the last ones? Is the defective case the one from the original post that started this thread?

I'll have to ask my sister how hers is holding up, then!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #280
xtine
Addict

Lyn2012, that looks really bad. My mom liked the light blue case I bought so I decided to give it to her since I have a customized one from M-Edge on the way anyway. I hope it lasts longer than 6 weeks -- will update this thread then. Sorry about yours though.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #281
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Hi Lyn2012, on your new magnetic case, did you need to file or scrape any of the corners to put the Paperwhite in it? If you did not, are you able to easily remove the Paperwhite from it?
Hi Jeromedevine, I've not filed or scraped any part of the old or new cases. I never tried to remove the old one until it began falling apart. Having just tried removing the new case, it seems fine, I just prised the PW gently from a point along the spine near the bottom, (index finger on/slightly under the PW and thumb on the case corner and sort of twist gently), and the bottom corner released easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Thanks for posting about your issues, Lyn2012.
I am assuming the first two pictures are of a different case than the last ones? Is the defective case the one from the original post that started this thread?

I'll have to ask my sister how hers is holding up, then!
Hi Xendula, Yes, the first two photos are from my original case purchased here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2511815418...84.m1423.l2649,

the others are from my new case purchased here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2211652726...84.m1423.l2649

Yes, please do check with your sister.

Hi Xtine, I hope your Mum's case lasts longer than mine - I really like it in your photos, even tempted to buy one myself.

Last edited by Lyn2012; 02-01-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #282
xtine
Addict

Thank you, Lyn. This is the first case my mom has been willing to use since she has carpal tunnel syndrome and finds cases too heavy to hold comfortably for long periods. This one was light enough not to bother her so I'm hoping it lasts longer too (at least, longer than 6 weeks).
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #283
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
So, that case with the Lion August logo is also sold by "googleproduct"?

That brand normally shows up with UK sellers; they (August, that is) seems to rebrand cases and sell them for a higher price. The purple case definitely looks like a rebrand of another one of googleproduct's cases.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-01-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #284
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
So, that case with the Lion August logo is also sold by "googleproduct"?

That brand normally shows up with UK sellers; they (August, that is) seems to rebrand cases and sell them for a higher price. The purple case definitely looks like a rebrand of another one of googleproduct's cases.
No, this new case (Lion August logo) is sold by "fastn", the one that fell apart was sold by "googleproduct". Whether "fastn" is just an intermediary, I really have no idea.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #285
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
As you can see, the magnetic catch, while being unnecessarily long, doesn't actually protrude 1/8" from the cover as somebody else has posted, it is flat (or ever so slightly recessed) with the cover on top and protrudes about 0.5mm on the side which I find acceptable and doesn't interfere with my holding the device.
The one that protrudes is from googleproduct, so not the case you just got. Mine has a metal piece that does protrude, I measured it!

I have 2 cases from googleproduct. I hope they last a little longer than yours did! If they don't, well, I still have my Amazon case.

Last edited by booklover6; 02-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote