Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #331
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Well done MrBook69,

An achievement indeed

I considered making my own but the leather ones from SkinDigital are so cute and reasonably priced that I couldn't justify the time and effort, I know I'm getting lazy !

What is yours made of ?
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #332
MrBook69
MrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Plexiglass, "Carton mousse" (french term), fabric, "sticker" wood like, ribbon, flexible sheet of polystyrene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img3.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	86846  
MrBook69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #333
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Does a portfolio case exist that DOESN'T have those goofy corner straps?!
The casecrown regal flip case doesn't have elastic straps...you slide the reader into the case and it has a full bezel to hold it in place.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #334
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
For my PRS-300, I've been using TuffLuv's saddle leather case.

Nice but adds a bit of bulk.

Now that the venerable 300 is giving up the ghost, I've ordered a KT and am now looking for a case to match. Much food for thought on this thread.

Last week I received: Cover-Up Natural Hemp Case in Sahara Brown.

Shiny plastic fake leather trimmings and potato sack hemp.

This week I got hold of: M-edge Trip Jacket - Navy.

A little better but the fake leather trimmings again... yuk.

After looking at a few options discussed on this thread I ended up ordering NoReve's Kobo Touch Tradition leather case. Reason: real leather, choice of finish and less bulk.

From their site, they can be ordered in 4 types of leather and over 20 colours.

Let's hope the product is as classy as their site makes out. Will report once it arrives.

Last edited by kumaryu; 06-15-2012 at 09:23 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #335
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBook69 View Post
I made it myself because I want see the cover of my current reading...
This looks awesome!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #336
kumaryu
Zealot

NoReve Kobo Touch Tradition leather case

NoReve Kobo Touch Tradition leather case
http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...ther_case.html

Book-style opening with a magnetic fastener. KT rests in a leather covered "tray" and is held in place by a pair of clips/ridges along the sides. The tray is moulded to fit snugly around the curved bottom and rounded corners of the KT base plate. Leather joins and edges are closely stitched using colour matched threads.

Pros: Very compact, real leather, apertures for all ports (including the reset hole at the back). Comes in a swanky red and black presentation case and a felt draw-string bag. Large colour selection and three grades of leather finish available.

Cons: Relatively expensive. On-demand production means you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KT_Noreve0.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	88785   Click image for larger version

Name:	KT_Noreve2.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	88786   Click image for larger version

Name:	KT_Noreve4.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	88787  

Last edited by kumaryu; 07-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #337
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
I saw one of these (Logiix universal e-reader case with light) in a store the other day. I wasn't able to give it a real inspection as it was packaged pretty tight, but, as the 'universal' name would imply, it does seem to use at least two elastic retainers. The interesting bit is the light which is the strappy looking thing in the photo.

SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #338
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I ordered a Skindigital black cover for my new Kobo Touch, can't wait till I receive it
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #339
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I ordered a Skindigital black cover for my new Kobo Touch, can't wait till I receive it
I'm sure you'll be happy with it

We have a SkinDigital black cover for the Kobo Touch and the same for the Nook Simple Touch

We like them a lot and they're excellent value
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #340
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post

We have a SkinDigital black cover for the Kobo Touch and the same for the Nook Simple Touch

Is there a flap or similar on the left to hold the book inside the sleeve, or is it simply friction?

My Sony's Gecko cover has a fold-in flap to secure the book from sliding around in the opening, but the Gecko I bought for my GF's Touch doesn't have it. As an aside, the Gecko cover for the Touch is a huge disappointment.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #341
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

It's held in by friction. Mine is pretty tight.

It's a great case. Best out there IMHO.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #342
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post

I already have a SkinDigital cover for my Vox and I really love it
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #343
allan175
allan175 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I got myself one of these:-
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...ngDetails.html

Mostly because I wanted to use my Kobo without a bulky case, I like the nice slimness/lightness of the device itself.
allan175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #344
SF&F Reader
Groupie

Looks good. This bit sounds interesting though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product Description
The Kobo easily slips into it, and simply pull the inovatively designed tag to withdraw your Kindle from it .
Emphasis mine
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #345
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Ahh. eReader Alchemy...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel