Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Did I Miss An Update to Collections?

So, I was downloading some books today to my Kindle 4 (NT). That's when I noticed that when I have my books sorted by Collections, only the Collections show. As in, I have 300+ books on my Kindle, but only have three pages of information. None of the books, that used to show after Collections, appear in the main menu list.

If I go into a Collection, the books appear in the list (e.g. my "To Read" collection has 227 books in it - they all show if I am in the "To Read" collection and the list is 27 pages long). They are sorted alphabetically within the list/collection view.

The other odd thing is that Collections now sorts by most recent. That's not a bad thing because now it's only three pages to go through. But, guess that means I'll get rid of the extra asterisks and parentheses in my titles as there's no point to them now..

So, did I miss an update? Has anyone noticed this? I am quite sure it was not like this a while ago (I've just been reading lately - not paying much attention to how the Kindle sorts).

By the way, this is not a complaint! I am happy about this and very glad of the change. I'm just rather confused because I didn't know about it. If someone's already mentioned this, sorry for the repeat and never mind...

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I don't think there's been an update perhaps you changed how the books are sorted or how you see it on the home screen? You can change the view to by title, author, date added I belive or collections.

I usually leave it on collections so don't remember all the options. And then within the collection you can sort by date, author or title.

Have you changed those? Has someone else played with your reader and changed those? You can always change them back to however you'd like it to be.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In "Collections" view, only the books which are NOT in any collection will be displayed after the collections. That's certainly the way it used to work, so if all your books are in collections, you won't see any in Collections view.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Huh. I could have sworn the books showed if I had Collections set as my view.

Guess that's what I get for swearing, yeah?

Thanks for the replies.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Huh. I could have sworn the books showed if I had Collections set as my view.

Guess that's what I get for swearing, yeah?

Thanks for the replies.

Marilyn

LOL I'm with ya on that boat!! I swore up & down for years that my Goffin's Cockatoo was a boy. He has a boy attitude of thinking he's king poop around here, he beats up the human and avian women in the house. He's GOT to be a boy & if not I'll cut off my right arm.

Well.....apparently I have to go for surgery. HE laid an egg. He is not a he. He is a SHE!!!

To which my husband replied....where do you think they came up with the term B....H from! LOL!!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote