Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
gucky
gucky began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy
Quell Format change in calibre

Hello,

I have imortet some html Ebooks in Calibre. Now i want to chsnge the format from .html to .zip. Can i change the Format in Calibre directly or do i have to delete the Books and import them Again?

greetings

Gucky
gucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You can convert between any two formats Calibre supports. However, HTML is imported into a ZIP archive automatically, you shouldn't have to change that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi,
I have a similar problem. Now I got the HTML file in Calibre as a ZIP archive, so what do I do with it? I'd like to get Epub format as a result but have no clue how to proceed.
Search here and the user manual didn't prove very helpful, at least I didn't understand them
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hi,
I have a similar problem. Now I got the HTML file in Calibre as a ZIP archive, so what do I do with it? I'd like to get Epub format as a result but have no clue how to proceed.
Search here and the user manual didn't prove very helpful, at least I didn't understand them
Select the book in Calibre, Hit C for convert (or the toolbar Convert button).

In the dialog that appears up the top left you want your input format to be ZIP, and up the top right the output format to be EPUB. There are many pages of options to fiddle with to control the conversion, but I suggest just clicking OK at that point and seeing what it does and go from there. You can keep re-doing the conversion with various options to see the effect, and/or edit the resulting EPUB in Sigil to get it just how you like it.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thats what the handbook says .
Unfortunatly I get a whole bunch of error messages each time I try, last of it is "unknown encoding".
Do I need to install some additional plugin?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall, re-download and re-install calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot

Worked Fine, THX