Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 04:02 AM   #16
youyou92
youyou92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
hello,i wanna know about Paperwhite 2 FW 5.8.8, any chance to jailbreak it ?
youyou92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #17
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou92 View Post
hello,i wanna know about Paperwhite 2 FW 5.8.8, any chance to jailbreak it ?
no chances for software jailbreak
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #18
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
For registered devices I would recommend to Reset before flashing factory firmware (no need to Deregister before Reset).
I confirm that there is no need to deregister before doing reset.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #19
Dragoon Aethis
Dragoon Aethis began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 (WiFi Only)
Just a quick question before I try this, is a factory reset required if I'm going to upgrade from 5.9.6.1 OTA to factory 5.9.6.1? (My device had SO out of the box, but they're now disabled, and I'd rather not enjoy them again
Dragoon Aethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #20
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
SO won't return after a reset/re-register. If they did return, all you would need to do is unsubscribe from Special Offers on your Content and Devices page. Don't worry, you wouldn't have to pay again to unsubscribe.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #21
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon Aethis View Post
Just a quick question before I try this, is a factory reset required if I'm going to upgrade from 5.9.6.1 OTA to factory 5.9.6.1? (My device had SO out of the box, but they're now disabled, and I'd rather not enjoy them again
I would recommend to reset.
SO will be disabled after you register your jailbroken device.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #22
Dragoon Aethis
Dragoon Aethis began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 (WiFi Only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
SO won't return after a reset/re-register. If they did return, all you would need to do is unsubscribe from Special Offers on your Content and Devices page. Don't worry, you wouldn't have to pay again to unsubscribe.
Thank you, jailbroken successfully and without SO
Dragoon Aethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #23
mr.
mr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: G090G1 PW3
About my device:
Kindle Paperwhite 3 WiFi
F/W Version: 5.8.9.2
Serial (first 6): G090G1

Never been connected to the internet or registered.

On step 4, I watch the device reboot into the software update screen.

After a minute or two, the device goes to a new screen.

Software Update at the top, an exclamation below that, then a message starting about halfway down the screen:
The update was not successful.

If you need assistance, visit www.amazon.com/devicesupport.

To resume using your Kindle, please press the power button.

At the bottom left:
UPDATE ERROR: 16

Not sure if that helps, but hopefully it does.
mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #24
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. View Post
About my device:
Kindle Paperwhite 3 WiFi
F/W Version: 5.8.9.2
Serial (first 6): G090G1

At the bottom left:
UPDATE ERROR: 16
Thanks for the feedback. I seem to recall 5.8.9.2 being somewhat problematic.

Curious, does the Kindle still work? Would you be willing to manually update to customer fw 5.9.6.1 first and try again?

Customer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...te_5.9.6.1.bin
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #25
mr.
mr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchforkmr. can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: G090G1 PW3
The good news is, that worked perfectly.

The better news is, now I have a whole world of tinkering to learn about.

Thank you for the help! The upgrade to a customer 5.9.6.1 from my 5.8.9.2 worked perfectly. I was able to follow the instructions from that point without any issues.
mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #26
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. View Post
The good news is, that worked perfectly.

The better news is, now I have a whole world of tinkering to learn about.

Thank you for the help! The upgrade to a customer 5.9.6.1 from my 5.8.9.2 worked perfectly. I was able to follow the instructions from that point without any issues.
Awesome! Good to know you got it working.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #27
bsanh
bsanh began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Awesome! Good to know you got it working.
How to know My kindle has already been jailbreaked successfully? I had followed all steps as you guide ! All is smooth! I had already install Koreader form KUAL software

And After Jailbreak success, Can i update my kindle to newest currently firmware by OTA update ?

Thank for your help!
bsanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #28
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanh View Post
How to know My kindle has already been jailbreaked successfully? I had followed all steps as you guide ! All is smooth! I had already install Koreader form KUAL software

And After Jailbreak success, Can i update my kindle to newest currently firmware by OTA update ?

Thank for your help!
The fact that you're able to install and use KUAL and KOReader is confirmation, enough. There should have been a text file (considered Document) saying You are Jailbroken or something to that effect.

Yes you can update to the current available OTA update as that's been confirmed working. Make sure you have the hotfix installed first, though, or you'll lose your jailbreak.

Just as a precaution, don't let it auto-update. It's possible future firmware updates might kill the jailbreak or cause weird behavior on installed software.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #29
blackhorus
blackhorus began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Sorry, nope. Only works for 5.9.6.1 or lower.
Does it mean that it should work for my kindle 5.9.4
blackhorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #30
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhorus View Post
Does it mean that it should work for my kindle 5.9.4
Yes, if your kindle is a Paperwhite 3.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw3, pw3 jailbreak