Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #31
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So at least tell us which keyboard you want (your posting in a thread about an Arabic keyboard but mentioning the package name of the Russian keyboard).
The package name is misleading. Aboyama took the Russian keyboard hack code, which apparently replaces the Italian keyboard layout files with Russian ones, and changed the keyboard layout files to Arabic.

I tried to install this some time ago on my PW2 and it didn't work. I seriously doubt that it'll work on a PW3.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sorry, I didn't know about the misnamed package.

You are correct, if it doesn't work on a PW-2, it isn't likely to work on a PW-3
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know about the misnamed package.

You are correct, if it doesn't work on a PW-2, it isn't likely to work on a PW-3
Are all three of us talking about the same package?

The one by kaznelson @ post 14:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=14

If not, try that one (either the Arabic or the Persian) -
They are built as update packages for the 'Kindle5' - any touchscreen device.

Going by the date, the packager might not have had the PW-2 and PW-3 models defined -
In that case, get a current kindletool and try repackaging it.

KazNelson includes the sources of his work - the package command is "build-updates.cmd"

Note: The PW-3 screen resolution may not be supported, but the PW-2 **should** work (I think).
Old 05-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #34
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are all three of us talking about the same package?
I only tested the package by Aboyaman, which didn't work.

Quote:
The package by kaznelson works fine on my PW2.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #35
knc1
Going Viral

Super!
Let's wait for a PW-3 report before deciding what to do (just index in the wiki or re-package or write new screen resolution files for the PW-3/KV).

Edit:
The keymaps are gzip'd json - so we can fix those as required.

The utils.so is copied from Amazon's image at: "/usr/share/keyboard/it/utils.so"
So we don't have the sources.

It is copied to /var/local - which normally persists across Amazon updates -
Which is not a good thing in this case, since utils.so may not be compatible across Amazon update versions.
AND
The install script just checks if it is present, not if it is the same as the current version in /usr/share/keyboard/it/utils.so
So a "re-install after update" will not fix a mis-match of utils.so from a prior install.
ALSO
The un-install script does not remove a (potentially out of date) utils.so from /var/local.

Those things can be fixed in the package scripting.

Last edited by knc1; 05-15-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #36
K+kue
K+kue began at the beginning.

Device: pw3 fw 5.6.5
Quote:
Super!
Let's wait for a PW-3 report before deciding what to do (just index in the wiki or re-package or write new screen resolution files for the PW-3/KV).

Edit:
The keymaps are gzip'd json - so we can fix those as required.

The utils.so is copied from Amazon's image at: "/usr/share/keyboard/it/utils.so"
So we don't have the sources.

It is copied to /var/local - which normally persists across Amazon updates -
Which is not a good thing in this case, since utils.so may not be compatible across Amazon update versions.
AND
The install script just checks if it is present, not if it is the same as the current version in /usr/share/keyboard/it/utils.so
So a "re-install after update" will not fix a mis-match of utils.so from a prior install.
ALSO
The un-install script does not remove a (potentially out of date) utils.so from /var/local.

Those things can be fixed in the package scripting.
sorry
Also did not work in my divice
What we can do ?
Can we develop Arabic keyboard for PW-3/KV users ?
K+kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #37
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by K+kue View Post
sorry
Also did not work in my divice
What we can do ?
Can we develop Arabic keyboard for PW-3/KV users ?
Please be more specific than 'did not work'.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #38
K+kue

Quote:
I mean the package in the "kaznelson @ post 14"
Old 05-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by K+kue View Post
I mean the package in the "kaznelson @ post 14"
In what way did it fail?

List each thing you did and the result of each thing.
Start with your downloading of the package.

List each key you press and each thing you clicked if you must, but give us specifics.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #40
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@knc1: If you want to double-check this issue yourself to exclude user errors, do the following:

1. Download this free Arabic AZW3 book from MR and copy it to your PW3.

2. Enable the Russian keyboard layout:
[menu] > Settings > Device Options > Languages and Dictionaries > Keyboards > Russian.

3. Install kaznelson's Arabic keyboard package (Keyboard_PW2.ar_DZ.zip) via MR Package Installer.

4. Open the book that you've downloaded in step 1 (Kalila wa-Dimna) and tap the Search icon.

5. In the Search dialog box, tap the globe icon to toggle the keyboard layout until the Arabic keyboard is being displayed.

6. Tap م followed by ن (see screen1.png) and start the search. (You should get a lot of matches.)

Note: Since I've installed NiLuJe's font hack, your keyboard will show slightly different Arabic glyphs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.png
Views:	246
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	148685  
Old 05-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #41
knc1
Going Viral

I am lucky to have time to answer thousands of questions -
There is no way in the world I can stumble around, trying to duplicate "didn't work".

I am not the one who needs the keyboard working.

If some native Arabic member wants to hand-hold this person through the process until the failure point, and then post the details of the "didn't work" - that would be a big help.

It is either that, or have the user buy a paid support contract.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #42
K+kue

Ok

The Specifics

A--->Z
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	269
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	148976   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	301
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	148977   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	275
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	148978   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	287
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	148979   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	261
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	148980   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	267
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	148983   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	232
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	148984   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	225
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	148985   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	238
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	148986   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.png
Views:	257
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	148987   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	269
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	148988  
Old 05-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #43
K+kue

Quote:
I am lucky to have time to answer thousands of questions -
There is no way in the world I can stumble around, trying to duplicate "didn't work".

I am not the one who needs the keyboard working.

If some native Arabic member wants to hand-hold this person through the process until the failure point, and then post the details of the "didn't work" - that would be a big help.

It is either that, or have the user buy a paid support contract.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #44
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@K+kue:

First, your timestamps are hella screwy.

And second, as mentioned, those packages are not targeting your device/FW, hence them being discarded by MRPI.

Check the MRPI log (extensions/mrinstaller/log/mrinstaller.log or somewhere around there) to confirm that.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:38 AM   #45
K+kue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@K+kue:

First, your timestamps are hella screwy.

And second, as mentioned, those packages are not targeting your device/FW, hence them being discarded by MRPI.

Check the MRPI log (extensions/mrinstaller/log/mrinstaller.log or somewhere around there) to confirm that.

Oh no, now what is the solution
I am very sad for this
And I can not develop a keyboard for pw3 users