Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
SF78
SF78 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Where can a European find a good online deal?

Not really sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes...

It seems that the best deals are in the US and almost none of the online stores ship to Europe. Ebay looks to be a good (only?) option, but the prices are a bit high when compared to manufacturers own stores. So are there any online stores (with reasonable prices) that ship to Europe? I was looking something in the $200 region.

The reason I'm asking is that even with the VAT + customs fees, many basic readers (Sony Pocket, Jetbook) are much cheaper there than anything i could find in Europe. The whole ebook concept is so new here, that most stores just add 30-50% extra to their prices and even used readers cost a lot more than new ones in the US.
SF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi SF78! We ship our products to many european countries for free. Maybe it is a small consolation for you?
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
SF78

Hi there! The prices on your site are a bit steep for me, but thanks for the offer. I just found out that Waterstone's in UK seem to have a few readers in the 140-160e price range so i'll check them out. And if anyone knows other on-line stores that ship to (or within) Europe, feel free to post them here.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Keep tabs on the fleamarket section here at MobileRead, too, SF78. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF78 View Post
Hi there! The prices on your site are a bit steep for me, but thanks for the offer. I just found out that Waterstone's in UK seem to have a few readers in the 140-160e price range so i'll check them out. And if anyone knows other on-line stores that ship to (or within) Europe, feel free to post them here.
Also look at Foyles, as they also carry some other models which Waterstone's does not.

Best regards,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF78 View Post
We have a saying: "the avaricious pays twice" . Look at my profile - I have tried different Reader, but now I have found my optimum.

I hope you have very modest requirements to your new reader. Then the price will probably correspond to quality. I wish good luck in a choice of the reader!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
SF78

Well, in the end I went for the Sony PRS-505 which did cost more than I intended to pay, but I wasn't satisfied with the 5" models i checked out. Besides, there's practically no readers available where i live anyway, so I can always resell it.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Fictionwise.com ship jetBook-Lite to Europe:
http://www.fictionwise.com/hardware/...te/landing.htm
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
SF78

That's good news. jetBook was one of the readers I was thinking and that really is a fair price for a reader. You just have to be lucky with the customs.