Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
release candidate 0.2-rc1

First release candidate for upcoming 0.2 release.

Only bugfixes and localization updates are expected to go into 0.2 since now.

User interface improvements:
  • ToC fonts adjusted in book reader (#516)
  • Subtitles are centered in book reader (#548)
  • PDF rotation is now supported (#467)
  • Current page, zoom level and preferences are remembered for PDF files (#255)
  • "Fifteen" puzzle UI redesigned
  • Date/time dialog is now displayed on boot if system time is not set up yet (#386)

System improvements:
  • (N516) SD card is no longer unavailable after using USB mass storage (#524)
  • Fixed date/time setup broken in previous build
  • Fixed bug with broken file handling in book reader which manifested itself as no reaction on opening book until reboot.

Various:
  • Bundled puzzles fixed and now can be started (#445)
  • (N516) Added mediaplayer (.mp3, .ogg) (#355)
  • Localization updates
  • Help updates

Known issues:
  • (N516) Only headphones work for playing audio
  • (N516) Under unclear circumstances device can start to consume a lot of power, discharging the battery.
  • (N516) USB charger is mis-dected as PC, so device prompts for USB connection mode when charger is connected.

Documentation:
Downloads: http://openinkpot.org/pub/releases/0.2/rc1/
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Thanks!

I can't seem to get the USB-connection to work, though. Whenever I connect it to my Mac, the light on the BeBook lights red, and I can't connect via ssh or anything...
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Still having problems upgrading from May snapshot that I backed off to the Astak firmware to. Starting from the Astak firmware -- First attempt: went through the normal process the final Openinkpot logo with completed bar; everything appeared normal up to this point; As described in the installation guide, I expected a longer delay here; After more than an hour I thought that was too much time. Now working on second attempt. So far I have completed the first step (above) and have waited for 15 minutes. There is no indication from the light that there is any progress (and I'm not sure there should be - just reporting an observation).

Can anyone shed some light on my problem?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

The only way to debug a problem I see is to open a device, attach serial and see the output. Don't try it at home.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
OK here's the latest;

Apparently the latest OI I can manage to load is the May beta snapshot. Anything later results in either hanging at or just after the completion of the logo.

I don't seem to have any problem going back to one of the Hanlin firmwares.

dottedmag, if I sent the reader to you, could/would you check it? If so please send me a PM as to where I should send it, unless this last data gives you any ideas.
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

jek could try to fix it. I'll check with him whether he has time to do it.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:23 AM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Key bindings in 15 puzzle - Hanlin V3ext

I did not not see any other mention of this, so maybe I am the only one dumb enough to not be able to figure this out. In the fifteen puzzle, I have found that the page turn arrow keys can do the left-right horizontal movement, but I can not find any keys that do the vertical up-down movement. I did not find any specific game key binding information in the User Guide. Are users supposed to define their own key bindings, or am I just missing something?

Otherwise, everything works just fine for me in the release candidate.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:29 AM   #8
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Keys in puzzles are not adapted for V3 yet, feel free to change them as described in Users' Guide and contribute.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Keys in puzzles are not adapted for V3 yet, feel free to change them as described in Users' Guide and contribute.
Thank you dottedmag!!

I have it figured out now. This is what I put in /home/user/.keys/epuzzles.ini

Code:
[default]
KP_3=Up
KP_8=Down
The only thing that took me some time to figure out was that I could not use the name of the specific puzzle "fifteen" as the ini file name, but had to use the name "epuzzles.ini" that was already in /usr/share/keys

Is this something that you would want contributed to the User Guide?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Uhm, I thought it's pretty obvious that adding a new file with completely unrelated name is not going to work
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #11
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Uhm, I thought it's pretty obvious that adding a new file with completely unrelated name is not going to work
Uh, but it is not unrelated and therefor not obvious. It is the name of the application that needs to have it's key bindings set. For non-game applications there seems to a specific key binding file with the same name as the application for each application. Apparently the key bindings for games can not be set on a per game application basis, but must be set as a group for all games at once? Once that is understood, it is quite simple.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #12
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Unrelated as it creates new file with some name which did not exist before. Why fifteen.ini then, and not Fifteen.ini for example?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #13
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Unrelated as it creates new file with some name which did not exist before. Why fifteen.ini then, and not Fifteen.ini for example?
Because the only references to the 15 game are called "fifteen" anywhere that I found them. But your question prompted me to investigate further.
There is no application "fifteen" in /usr/bin, but only an application called "epuzzles".
It turns out that "fifteen.desktop" simply calls "Exec=/usr/bin/epuzzles fifteen", which I take to mean that "fifteen" is just an argument to the call to the application "epuzzles". Which also apparently means that all the games are just one application with different arguments to the call to "epuzzles". I admit that I over complicated things for myself, but I also think that this point *could* be clearer in the User Guide. The example given for "madeye" makes it clear how to format the INI, but does not make it clear that ALL the games are actually just one application sharing a common INI.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #14
Dave_S
What Title ?

User Guide updated

Since I am that one that caused myself a bit of confusion in getting some keys configured for the game applications on the Hanlin V3, I have updated the User Guide in the Wiki with a new section called Game applications (V3).
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #15
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Could be just me but after installing .02-rc1 the only books I can open are pdf files. Selecting a mobi or fb2 file with a short press does nothing. Long press in madshelf shows me the menu and selecting FBReader, (the only choice even on fb2 files) closes the side menu and goes back to madshelf library display.

<Edit>
I'm an idiot downloaded the wrong file apparently downloaded oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-20091007.tar.bz2 this time and installed it and it works fine so far books open etc.

Last edited by derrell; 10-08-2009 at 07:31 AM.