Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #46
zeta555
zeta555 began at the beginning.

Device: none
anyone know if the Aura One is in stock in japan? if it is, where can i find it?

my friend want to go there on the 12th, and i want to tell him where to buy one.
zeta555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #47
peterkobovox
peterkobovox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis, voyage, nook glowlight plus, kobo aura one
if you go to ebay and search for kobo aura one you will see many offers (mostly from Japan).
peterkobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #48
bongorash
Enthusiast
bongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura 1, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Argos now appear to have supplies - I have just ordered one for collection tomorrow.
bongorash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #49
zeta555
zeta555 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterkobovox View Post
if you go to ebay and search for kobo aura one you will see many offers (mostly from Japan).
i see from your post that you're from indonesia. how much did you pay in total for the aura one including tax and custom when you bought it from ebay?

im from indonesia too
zeta555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #50
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I'm not sure what Pebble being purchased by Fitbit has got to do with Kobo. The nearest analogy might be B&N buying Kobo and abandoning all of Kobo's ereaders.
B&N shut down their UK ebook shop and sold it to Sainsbury's, who in turn sold their ebook shop to Kobo.

I think a better analogy would be Amazon purchasing Kobo, I doubt B&N has the financial standing or business wherewithal to see what a boon it would be to purchase Kobo from Rakuten. Not that I think Rakuten would be interested in selling anyway considering they just sunk a good chunk of money into buying Overdrive and bringing it to the new Kobo ereaders.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #51
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Spoke to an Indigo employee in Calgary on the weekend: completely out of stock, and she said they were out of stock everywhere. Looked in sister store Chapters in Calgary, and they'd actually removed their display unit (leaving only the anti-theft device), since they didn't have any to sell. Spoke to a fellow at Kobo Writing Life (the self-publishing arm), and he confirmed the Aura One has exceeded all sales expectations.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #52
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Aura One in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta555 View Post
anyone know if the Aura One is in stock in japan? if it is, where can i find it?

my friend want to go there on the 12th, and i want to tell him where to buy one.
It is available in Japan on Rakuten online store. Also on Biccamera online store and maybe their shops (it is one of the biggest chains in Japan). I haven't checked the stores myself.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #53
Alphabase
Alphabase is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo aura hd, Kobo Aura One
I'm shocked to hear this but not surprised really. I bought my Kobo Aura 1 right at launch to replace my HD and I love it.

I think its fantastic - I'd like to think others feel the same way and that it sold well. I don't see how it could be a flop.
Alphabase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #54
Kong1971
Kong1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I just got mine off ebay from a US seller. I love it. Finally feel like I'm reading a book and not a little toy screen. Six inches might be big enough for some, but I prefer eight. Ha!
Kong1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #55
peterkobovox
peterkobovox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis, voyage, nook glowlight plus, kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta555 View Post
i see from your post that you're from indonesia. how much did you pay in total for the aura one including tax and custom when you bought it from ebay?

im from indonesia too
i bought my aura one from ebay using my paypal which is linked to my credit card, the IDR bill is IDR3,292,000.00 plus IDR213,333.33 for shipping
peterkobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #56
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Poor, Poor Kobo. Out of stock of their flagship e-Reader at the HOLIDAY season? Someone had better get their **** together at that company. They are their own impediment to success.

Absolutely ridiculous.
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #57
LuckyL
LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I wonder how many ended in the refurb pool and whether they are making changes to production.
I went through 3 readers to get one that was workable. The current one has a greenish hue in night mode which is annoying but I was tired of having to keep returning the things.
The build quality between the devices I had had a lot of variation.
There should be no reason they can't produce more stock unless they are making changes to the product or the production process.
LuckyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #58
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Poor, Poor Kobo. Out of stock of their flagship e-Reader at the HOLIDAY season? Someone had better get their **** together at that company. They are their own impediment to success.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Or, as a company quite a bit smaller than Amazon, didn't dare make too many in case their market research was faulty and they found themselves with an excess of unsold stock. Remember the H2O caught them by surprise
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #59
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyL View Post
I wonder how many ended in the refurb pool and whether they are making changes to production.
I went through 3 readers to get one that was workable. The current one has a greenish hue in night mode which is annoying but I was tired of having to keep returning the things.
The build quality between the devices I had had a lot of variation.
There should be no reason they can't produce more stock unless they are making changes to the product or the production process.
They can't just switch on to produce more. Its a process that takes time
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #60
LuckyL
LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
They can't just switch on to produce more. Its a process that takes time
Not sure about that. The Aura One has been in short supply since its release and it was clear early on, with glowing reviews, that there would be high demand.
I would imagine that they had ample time to place more orders - I am assuming that they have the hardware produced by 3rd party.
LuckyL is offline   Reply With Quote