Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #40966
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Waiting for my father to pick me up in an hour. We're going to a supplier to check out what they've got. They do have a website, but it isn't one where you can easily find things and they don't list everything. For years my father have been wanting to visit them and just go through the stacks to see what they've got, but he never did. Two weeks ago an employee of the supplier came to visit, he had an appointment nearby and passed our store and wanted to see what we've got. I took the opportunity to make an appointment.

Over the past week I make a list of things we need to check, to see whether they've got them, planned to get them and if they have them check the price.

Afterwards we're going by the supermarket, so I don't have to cycle over in the rain.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #40967
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
At the moment I'm fondly remembering the days when shaving didn't include the hair in my ears. And why does the hair in my nostrils grow so blazingly fast? Was Don Martin right when he wrote that nose hair couldn't be trained?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #40968
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just cleaned up a doggy accident. Last night when taking her for a walk Luca got a bit over excited when a cat came at her and she forgot to poop. Which means that this afternoon I'll first have to mop the floor.

This morning I will put together an order for our main LED lightbulb supplier. I'll keep it to the necessary things, because our wishlist for the supplier we visited yesterday is quite long.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #40969
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Years ago my mother bought a cute, little succulent for in the kitchen. After a while it grew these long stems and we nicknamed the plant "plantus erectus". Just now I glance over to the succulent my friends have on their dinner table (it's now right next to my laptop) and hadn't realized it was a plantus erectus until I saw stems peeping from between the leaves. I had to giggle.

Now I'm trying to decided whether to get a small present for my sister; on Sunday she having a small gathering at her home to celebrate her birthday and a housewarming. I have her her birthday gift on her birthday last week and I have already given her some presents for her house when she moved in earlier this year. I have ordered this print for her (plus one for myself and my parents), but I don't think it'll arrive before the weekend. Maybe I could bake something?
Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #40970
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Watching the filming fun

New York City has done its best to make itself movie and TV production friendly, and a fair bit of footage gets shot here when a location that is unmistakably NYC is desired. (Most urban stuff gets filmed in places like Toronto and Vancouver where it's much cheaper to do so, and if all you need is a generic city neighborhood, they do fine.)

A shoot is occurring in my neighborhood, and the parking areas are occupied by production vehicles. Haddad's Inc. ("The Go To People") have portable dressing rooms based on 18 wheeler trailers (and two of the doors to dressing rooms are labeled "Luci" and "Desi." ) A caterer has a spread out to feed cast and crew. Trucks full of camera, sound, and light gear are present, and crew members are beginning setup. Lots of crew distinguishable by light green reflective vests are standing around waiting for what they do to be needed.

A van parked nearby has signs on sandwich boards to be deployed. The signs announce in English and Spanish that Gates Productions will be doing a movie shoot, and if you are in the filming area, your likeness may be captured. By being in the area, you agree the producers have the right to use your imagery however they like in perpetuity, and if you don't agree with that, don't go beyond the sign.

I do wonder how many people will actually read the signs, and since it's a residential neighborhood, some folks who live here may not have a choice about entering the area. I suspect the producers are aware of that, and the signs are strictly legal CYA so they can say they did warn people.

Before you ask, I have no idea what is being filmed. None of the signage I've seen states what's being filmed. Actually filming will apparently take place later tonight.

(The last time they had one of these I found a form from the production company's accounting department specifying in exactly what expenses could be charged to the production, and that you needed a line producer's okay to charge stuff if it was on the production. Things like meals in local restaurants and drinks in local bars after shooting were on your dime... )
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #40971
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Fire! There's a fire at the factory where my husband works. It made the news. Everyone is being sent home.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #40972
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

We've caught my uncle in basically committing fraud with my grandmother's window and funeral insurance (although he's trying to talk his way out of that). Now we've caught him with his pants down, almost literally. Over a period of 16 month he spend €600 of my grandmother's money on something that was payed through an online payment system. Each time €50. When we saw this we had the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate ask him for details of these payments. He refused to give them, telling us that was his payment for being my grandmother's curator and he would never give those details because they were private. We wondered why he overreacted a bit and why he wouldn't just pay himself the €800 something a year to his bank account instead of €50 a day for a week or ten days, then a while nothing and then a spate of payments again. We joked about it. My father googled the details of the payments and found out that our jokes were pretty accurate

My uncle is now on vacation, he's still refusing to share all the documents, which is suspicious in our opinion. Yet he expects us to sign his final justification for the judge overseeing his curratorship. If we sign the justification it means we not only okay whatever he has done with my grandmother's money and her care, we also okay with how the judge oversaw it. And the judge made mistakes. We like to keep our options open, so my father and aunt aren't going to sign, but they will send in a letter explaining why we won't sign. The judge will probably okay the justification anyway, but if we want to take action in the future they can't say we signed off on my uncle's and the judge's work.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #40973
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sitting against the wall with a frozen water bottle on my back to bring down the inflammation in my esophagus and spine.

When I eat it gets irritated especially if there is acid reflux. The ice pack does wonders.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #40974
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Thanks for the tip.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #40975
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I had planned to go to Newcastle in September, but it looks like it'll more like be October. Our lawyer thinks there is a fair chance the judge will want to speak to my father and uncle again. She had expected him to make the request shortly after my uncle and aunt had to react to something a couple of weeks ago. We haven't heard from him and I don't want to take the risk of being on vacation when my father has to go to court.

So now I'm looking at where I want to go in January. I want to go to a bungalow park and I've narrowed it down to two.

1. The Waterparc Veluwemeer. I went there last January, I love it. Pros: as long as you don't book an apartment on the ground floor you have a lot of privacy. Nice spacious apartment with all the mod cons. A good supermarket. Good bus connection to the nearby towns. Each bungalow has it's own router, you don't have to share the wifi with all of the park. Drawback: no fireplace. In January it is always quiet and can feel a bit deserted.

2. Nearby the town of Putten. The first park my sister and I went to together. Pros: fireplace. The bungalows have been updated recently. In the woods. Okay supermarket. Good bus connection to Putten. Cons: less privacy because the bungalows are closer together and without leaves on trees and shrubs. No oven.

The prices aren't available yet for January, but iirc it's fairly similar.

At the moment I'm leaning towards number 1, mostly because of the privacy and solitude but also because the standard apartment spacious and has everything I need. But having a fireplace and seeing the forest animals also has it's appeal.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #40976
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Wondering why no one has ever told me about CalibreBox!?!?

I'm in awe right now. *hugs new shiny,*

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #40977
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Waiting for the dishwasher to finish, then I'm going to make dinner. Until then I'm looking at hotels in Newcastle again. I had hoped I would have booked by now, but the lawyer expected that the judge might want to call in my father and uncle again. I decided to wait with booking my trip until we knew if that was the case and wait for a date to be set (I don't want to be away when my father has to go to court).

However, because my uncle made new demands for my father to buy the house in his letter, the judge has given my father until the 18th to react to that, so I have to wait a longer.

I've decided to use the extra money I can save in that time partially to splurge on a better hotel.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:09 AM   #40978
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

For the first time during this year's house sitting it's a day I don't have to go anywhere. Up until now I either had to go to work or I had to go a supplier or meet my sister. The only thing I had planned for today was clean downstairs and I managed to finish that before 10am this morning. Luca is also enjoying a day without having to wear her lampshade (cone). I also, finally, found a bag that will work for carrying some watercolour and sketching supplies on the go. Even better, my craft store stocks it, unfortunately it's sold out but they should get it within 10 days and they'll email me when it's in stock again.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #40979
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
-Trying to install a os on a new hdd.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #40980
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Spent the first day of my Staycation yesterday reading all day. Cleaning the house from top to bottom today (while listening to an audiobook).
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?