Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #2326
dwraith0877
dwraith0877 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Glo HD
is there some way to include section dividers for multi-section/-book/-part stories? I mean where they're all in the same story/file, not separate?
ie.: http://storiesonline.net/library/storyInfo.php?id=12288
Story Earth's Core by Lonahora has 8 'books' in the story so far...
or Number 7's Second Chance ( http://storiesonline.net/library/storyInfo.php?id=76454 ), which has 12 so far....
thanks
dwraith0877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #2327
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@dwraith0877 -

There is no such feature right now.

Also, FanFicFare only supports one level of TOC entries. I'm not interested at the moment in changing tha.

In theory, the adapter for storiesonline.net have an optional feature added to prepend the 'Book' title to the first chapter title under it: 'Book 1 Chapter 1', 'Chapter 2',... 'Book 2 Chapter 1', etc. Or even all chapter titles: 'Book 1 Chapter 1', 'Book 2 Chapter 2' etc.

In practice, davidfor is the one who's been maintaining support for that site. So I'll leave it up to him whether he's interested in doing that.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #2328
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@dwraith0877: Yes it is something I've noticed and given a little thought to. One of the problems is that I can't see a good solution. Prefixing the chapter name with the book title looks ugly. And gets worse if the book part has a title. With that, we would end up with "Book 1 - Earth's Core - Chapter 1: Under The Surface Of The Earth".

If you have a paid account on the site the books you can download have a page with the book/part title on it. This is done with a h1 heading which works well in the ToC. If there was a way to generate something like this in FFF, then it would work.

@JimmXinu: Thinking about this, when looking for the chapters, I could create a chapter with a fake URL for the book dividers. Then the getChapterText method could detect the fake URL and generate an empty page. Or whatever was the minimum needed to get the book title on a page by itself. That will get the book title in the ToC, but at the same level as the chapters.

Of course, it won't be as simple as that. For example, I'm sure I've seen notes on the index page for each of the parts. Putting that on the divider page would be good, but complicates things a lot.

Unless you can think of something that would prevent this from working, I'll have a look at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #2329
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unless you can think of something that would prevent this from working, I'll have a look at it.
I have no objections, as long as it's optional. I'd say default it to off at first, but after it's proven it could default to on.

I think it would be the first adapter with fake chapter URLs, but it would not be the first with getChapterText() getting some 'chapters' from stuff it remembers from doExtractChapterUrlsAndMetadata() or previous pages. base_xenforoforum_adapter.py and adapter_archiveofourownorg.py do too.

However, keep in mind the interactions of epub update (if the 'book' chapter URL is unchanged, that 'chapter' will be reused from epub even if the book notes have changed, etc) and mark_new_chapters / UnNew.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:06 AM   #2330
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release Posted

Version 2.14.0 - 08 Jul 2017

- Update translations.
- Fix typo in error catching - base_efiction
- XenForo alternatehistory.com follows QQ more than SV/SB.
- Remove 9 defunct sites - occlumency.sycophanthex.com, lumos.sycophanthex.com, erosnsappho.sycophanthex.com, chaos.sycophanthex.com, ashwinder.sycophanthex.com, pommedesang.com, dramione.org, www.indeath.net and fanfiction.lucifael.com.
- Fixes for fanfiktion.de site changes.
- fimfiction adapter: views/total_views fix for site change -- thanks FaceDeer!
- Fix for XenForo(SB/SV) threadmarks with non-ascii chars. (web & CLI)
- Fix plugin config check for _filelist.
- Add `include_author_notes` option to collect Fimfiction author's notes, thanks FaceDeer.
- Changes to base_xenforoforum_adapter to use threadmarks.rss for SV/SB, separate threadmark collection for QQ.
- Also add show_chapter_authors option.
- Fix for XenForo Threadmarks change on SB & SV--not on QQ.
Advert
Old 07-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #2331
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
I'm an admin at dramione.org, and I've been told by our "boss" that we're having a technical problem with our web host that they are trying to resolve. Can't tell you for sure if that's true, or if there's something else going on that even we peons aren't aware of (always a strong possibility!), but just wanted to ensure that it would be possible to add us back if we can get this fixed.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #2332
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yes, if the site comes back the same, the code can be added back from version control.

If the site comes back different, it might be re-added or not depending on how difficult it is and who's interested in doing it.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #2333
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't see why not. The code is all there in git history and can be easily reverted back, if it turns out to be useful again.

EDIT: ninjaed...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:19 AM   #2334
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thanks! Much appreciated.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 PM   #2335
Epoch615
Epoch615 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm having some trouble with FFF messing with my Modified column. I separate the fics I have that are updating and those that have completed but every time I run FFF on the updating fics for some reason a few completed fics end up mixed in with the updating fics which screws with the sorting. Is there some setting I jacked up that could be doing this?
Epoch615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #2336
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FanFicFare doesn't touch Calibre's Modified column directly. Calibre updates Modified when ever something about that book has been changed.

The only field that I recall that can be changed on other books than the ones you are updating is the Author URL field. There's a checkbox setting on the Standard Columns tab of FFF config near the bottom.

But it only changes if, you know, the author URL changes. From what you describe, it sounds like it may be that. Do you have stories from the same author name on different sites?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #2337
Epoch615
Epoch615 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No, it's probably from Fimfictions nonsense. I've had a lot of authors and stories get mucked about recently. If I'm seeing it correctly I should be able to have FFF populate a custom column when they update to skip Calibre's default and skip over the author URL update as well.

Edit: Fixed! You were right about the url thing, the authors for those had either changed their names or the name of their stories.

Last edited by Epoch615; 07-10-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Epoch615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #2338
bugstomper
bugstomper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have a question that seems so basic I want to apologize in advance if I'm overlooking something that is in the FAQ or somewhere in the previous 156 pages of this forum thread. I'm looking at a story someone put on their wordpress.com site. I see how I could easily modify an existing adaptor to handle it. What is the mechanism by which I would add my own adaptor to be used in the Calibre plugin of FanFicfare? Is there something that goes in personal.ini that can load my own adaptor python file? If the format of this particular story site happens to be compatible with an existing adaptor, is there some setting in personal.ini that lets me say "use this existing adaptor for any URLs in example.wordpress.com"?
bugstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #2339
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@bugstomper,

The plugin zip file is just a zip file of the source. To add an adapter, you put your adapter_sitename.py file in the fanficfare/adapters directory and add it to the list of imports in fanficfare/adapters/__init__.py.

To derive from an existing adapter, you inherit from it in the usual OO way. An example is adapter_finestoriescom.py.

To get your adapter added for everyone to use, you submit it to me; ideally using a pull request to the GitHub FanFicFare Project.

I will warn you up front, however, that I'm unlikely to accept an adapter for general use for wordpress.com. While people post stories on their wordpress.com sites, there isn't anything that makes them reliably post in a consistent form.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:53 AM   #2340
bugstomper
bugstomper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I will warn you up front, however, that I'm unlikely to accept an adapter for general use for wordpress.com.
I wouldn't expect it to be of general use - This is just one author who is writing a serial novel and happens to use a format that looks like it ought to be quite compatible with FancFicFare, so I can add an adaptor to my personal installation.

Although, what about a general purpose adaptor for situations like this in which someone who is not a programmer finds a story like this that is in a format close enough to a supported site that the adaptor for that site would work for it? You could configure it in personal.ini by specifying the URL pattern of the story and the adaptor to use.
bugstomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction