Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Just received my new K3 skin...

... but I just can't seem to put it on. Not because I don't have the ability but because I love the graphite color!

I have the same custom skin on several electronic items (K1, K2, Palm Pre and my HP laptop). It makes it easy to identify my stuff quickly and the artwork is unique to me.

I might put the skin on the back and leave the front alone.

Has anyone skinned their graphite K3 or DX?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
daffy4u,

I find myself is the same position. I skinned both my K2 and original DX to tone down the stark white. But I knew when I ordered the DX Graphite (and subsequently the K3) that I had no desire to cover the newer Kindles. For me, I find the graphite to be the perfect color to compliment the Pearl display - very classy as it is (and easier on the eyes).

And I would never consider covering the back of the K3 as I really like the feel when holding it "naked."
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have no desire to skin my graphite Kindles, but I skinned my white Kindles ASAP. Just a personal preference.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
I skinned mine.

I wanted some protection from scratches, and I like the colour blue better than graphite gray.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I skinned all my white Kindles with matte black, but NOT the graphite Kindles - I really like their appearance, and the contrast on the Pearl screen is great - doesn't need a dark black border.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
I skinned mine.
I wanted some protection from scratches, and I like the colour blue better than graphite gray.

Holly
Very good-looking that Kindle!
I never had a skin on something digital; is it possible to change skins or use an one's own design, like a photo ?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I find the skins visually distracting while reading, even though I appreciate how good looking some of them are.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Very good-looking that Kindle!
I never had a skin on something digital; is it possible to change skins or use an one's own design, like a photo ?
Yes, at least I know that you can remove the decalgirl skins without any residue, and reuse them if you are very careful. I think, also, that the decalgirl folks can do a custom skin for you. I've seen a couple, although mine is just one of the stock ones.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Yes, at least I know that you can remove the decalgirl skins without any residue, and reuse them if you are very careful. I think, also, that the decalgirl folks can do a custom skin for you. I've seen a couple, although mine is just one of the stock ones.
Thanks,I'll look around for a black skin with black roses to match my red wild roses cover. If it leaves no residu it'll be allright.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Thanks,I'll look around for a black skin with black roses to match my red wild roses cover. If it leaves no residu it'll be allright.
The DecalGirl skins are very easy to install and look very nice, IMHO. I haven't seen any skins with a black rose on them so you may need to ask for a custom skin. Here is a nice red rose skin, should you change your mind:

It would look very nice with the Oberon black rose cover, but I don't know if it would go well with the red cover:

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 11-01-2010 at 04:57 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
The DecalGirl skins are very easy to install and look very nice, IMHO. I haven't seen any skins with a black rose on them so you may need to ask for a custom skin. Here is a nice red rose skin, should you change your mind
Holly
Thank you; that rose is beautiful; I'll mail them wether they can make the skin in black for me.

And anew have doubts wether I should have bought the black cover ; to go with the red rose skin.

Last edited by desertblues; 11-01-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Suddenly noticed photo of my cover.:)
Old 11-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
... but I just can't seem to put it on. Not because I don't have the ability but because I love the graphite color!

I have the same custom skin on several electronic items (K1, K2, Palm Pre and my HP laptop). It makes it easy to identify my stuff quickly and the artwork is unique to me.

I might put the skin on the back and leave the front alone.

Has anyone skinned their graphite K3 or DX?
Excuse me: I didn't mean to kidnap your thread with my cover/skin. Just curious: did you skin your Kindle?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Excuse me: I didn't mean to kidnap your thread with my cover/skin. Just curious: did you skin your Kindle?
Nope!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #14
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Grown people still playing with stickers
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #15
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
Grown people still playing with stickers
Reward myself with a big one, for extra good behaviour.