Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Shadowman123
Shadowman123 doesn't litterShadowman123 doesn't litter

Device: prs-300
Hello to All (and a question)

Hello all from a new (and excited) member,

After using this fantastic programm for appr. 3 weeks I have finally decided to join your forum after just browsing through the entries (and learning alot!!).
I have installed calibre on a usb drive (portable!) and it works great.
After some trial and error I have also added appr. 5000 books from various sources and in various formats and am in the process of "cleaning up" since a lot of the books I added are not in my prefered order.
I like AuthorLastname, AuthorFirstname and have adjusted everything so that it shows this order in the Authorlist on the left and in the main Booklist.
Btw I don't mind this clean-up since it gives me a chance to browse all my books and find some that I forgot I had.

My main problem was the "regular expressions" but after browsing the forum I found some good tips and new books will be added with the "correct" regular expressions.
This is where my question comes in:
At the moment I have a .txt file in which I have pasted some regular expresions for different sets of books. Since some of the files I have are in the format: "authorname - title.ext" and others "title - series - author.ext" (and a bunch of other variations). I insert these when I add certain batches of books.
And now the question: would it be possible to save and recall these regular expressions in the Preferences Dialog. Maybe in some sort of Dropdown list.
Or does somebody have a better idea? Or am I doing something wrong with these expressions?
(Ooops thats 3 questions)

Anyway, I'm really glad I found this programm and I'm looking forward to finally getting my collection in order.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Shadowman123
Shadowman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Having a drop-down list of recently used Regular Expressions has been discussed a number of times. It was generally agreed it is a good idea, but so far none of the developers has been motivated to actually implement this feature ahead of any other enhancements.

If some with the requisite expertise can work out the souce level patch required then I am sure that Kovid would be happy to accept it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Since you mentioned having troubles with regular expressions, here's a tutorial for using them in Calibre.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Shadowman. Hope you soon iron out the crinkles. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Shadowman123
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert