Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Rollingstone reviews help

Hi,

I am trying to clip the review section from RollingStone magazine and not having very good luck.

I am attaching the file setup I am using and if anyone can help me with what I am doing wrong,I would be grateful.

Peace,
David
Attached Files
File Type: ixl RollingStone Reviews.ixl (3.7 KB, 764 views)
Old 04-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Just looked at your file and I think I see a large part of your problem. You have a link depth of 5, which is very large in the context of web clipping. Generally you will want to stay at or below 2, outside of specific exceptions. It would be helpful if you could tell what you want to clip in particular. If you just want to clip the latest reviews on the main review page, you can bring the depth down to 1. This would make for a more reasonable clip. If you are interested in more, then it may be useful to make separate pages for the different types of review, eg. CDs, DVDs, movies, etc.

Let me know what you are looking to grab in particular and I can help you with this.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,Ignatz.

I don't think the depth is a problem as i went thru and for the content I am wanting I think it is the depth I need.I want this to be one file as I am already using a lot of clips already(bit obsessive on wanting to stay informed).

The conversion seems to work fine but I end up with no converted file for the palm.

I currently am using 14 custom clips for content(set up by myself) and not had problems with files being converted before.

I am using the last release version of both the palm version and the desktop and cannot figure the problem out.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Okay, I'll have to look at it again, but you realize that with graphics and all, a depth of 5 is going to be a *very* big file. I ran the clip before I looked at it and it ran and ran and ran until I canceled it to check what was going on. I will try to look at it again and see what I can find...
Old 04-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #5
Harpgliss
Member Retired

Hi,

I appreciate you taking a look and offering some help.

The has pictures excluded so to cut down on size and yes it ran for about 10 or 15 minutes on my machine but I would only update it weekly so the time is not an issue(for me).

I look forward to hearing your findings.

Peace,

David