Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
RansomR
RansomR began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad4
Conversion problem with romanian letters

First of all, I would like to say Hi to everyone! I've just registered and this is my first post.
Second, I'm a big fan of Calibre and I'm using it for quite some time.

Now, the reason I'm posting is because I have a problem with calibre and more exactly how the software handles the conversion of texts(books) with romanian characters, letters in them: ș,ț,ă,â,î. To be more specific when I try to convert in epub (or any other format) the attached .rtf file some of these letter aren't converted correctly. ș is converted in º ; ț is þ ... etc.
There is a solution to this problem?
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Romanian Sample.rtf (94.1 KB, 138 views)
RansomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Save your rtf as html using Word or LibreOffice and convert the html.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
RansomR
RansomR began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad4
Yep, that worked. Thank you.
Tho, I'm wondering if the software converts correctly from html why not from the other formats too? (Maybe this is a dumb question )
RansomR is offline   Reply With Quote