Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You are sending it via Calibre? Is it happening for more than one book? My suggestion, do another conversion, mobi to mobi. Also check your image size. I usually use whatever downloads when I edit metadata, from Amazon or some other reasonably sized source.

(I love the cover view. So now I only send via Calibre, and never use the wifi, either!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sometimes, at least for my Sony, I have noticed the metadata not updating the first time I plug it into Calibre. When I eject and then reconnect, the next time the metadata is correct. Not sure if that would be an issue with a Kindle. (I use automatic metadata management, which takes quite a while after plugging in one of my Sonys, but hardly any time with the Paperwhite. Though the Sony's have hundreds more books on them. Thousands more).
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #48
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
You are sending it via Calibre? Is it happening for more than one book? My suggestion, do another conversion, mobi to mobi. Also check your image size. I usually use whatever downloads when I edit metadata, from Amazon or some other reasonably sized source.

(I love the cover view. So now I only send via Calibre, and never use the wifi, either!)
Yes I am sending via Calibre. Thanks for help, problem now solved. I updated to latest version of Calibre (even thought mine was nearly the latest) and it now works. No [PDOC] and no check in sharing results in covers without personal tag, brilliant.

Next task is to jailbreak and get collections working.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Yes I am sending via Calibre. Thanks for help, problem now solved. I updated to latest version of Calibre (even thought mine was nearly the latest) and it now works. No [PDOC] and no check in sharing results in covers without personal tag, brilliant.

Next task is to jailbreak and get collections working.
Glad you got it solved. I enjoy the cover view.

I just did the jailbreak and collections. It's great!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #50
mzuraqt
mzuraqt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hello im new here and was wondering if someone can please help me.I just got the paperwhite and im trying to find out how do i add covers so they will show up on my paperwhite. I have the new calibre and im familiar with it judt dont know the steps to add tge covers can you help me?
mzuraqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #51
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzuraqt View Post
Hello im new here and was wondering if someone can please help me.I just got the paperwhite and im trying to find out how do i add covers so they will show up on my paperwhite. I have the new calibre and im familiar with it judt dont know the steps to add tge covers can you help me?
The newest Calibre does that automatically if you "send to device" through usb from inside Calibre.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #52
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Anyone figure out how to get rid of that "Personal" label? It really annoys me.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #53
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
There recently was a discussion about it, but I can't seem to find it anymore. It was either here or in the dev subforum, in the last week.

Essentially, IIRC it's about changing the calibre configuration to remove the "PDOC" document type when converting to mobi, then re-converting and re-uploading the documents to the Kindle.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Thank you, I will definitely go give that a try! On another note, I am guessing there is no way to remove the white "Personal" label that amazon places on the bottom of any personal document?

Thanks again-
Quote:
I just did this test: When I sent the MOBI version of a book to the device using "Send to Device" in Calibre, it showed the "Personal" tag, however, when I converted the same book to AZW3 and sent that, the "Personal" tag was gone.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #55
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
I managed to get rid of the personal banner by removing the [PDOC] from my personal doc tag. I reconverted all my mobi's and resent them to my paperwhite and all the tags are gone. The only issue I'm having now is trying to get the cover art for all my books to show and all be the same size. I've read this thread, dug through others. I'm just really confused at this point as to what the current fix is for displaying my cover images in cover view...
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I managed to get rid of the personal banner by removing the [PDOC] from my personal doc tag. I reconverted all my mobi's and resent them to my paperwhite and all the tags are gone. The only issue I'm having now is trying to get the cover art for all my books to show and all be the same size. I've read this thread, dug through others. I'm just really confused at this point as to what the current fix is for displaying my cover images in cover view...
If you want all your covers the same size, there is plugin called Resize Cover for Calibre that will do it in batches for you. I use this as different size covers annoy me on my Kindle Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #57
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you want all your covers the same size, there is plugin called Resize Cover for Calibre that will do it in batches for you. I use this as different size covers annoy me on my Kindle Fire.
Any advice fo when the covers don't show at all...I have two books with "generic" covers.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #58
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Any advice fo when the covers don't show at all...I have two books with "generic" covers.
I should clarify that I have a Paperwhite not a Fire.

Never Mind!!! Resizing fixed the missing issue too!! Thanks for the tip Blossom!

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-28-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #59
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Just got my PaperWhite today. No covers on side loaded books (Dropped into Documents dir from USB mount.)

The exact same books show covers on my Kindle Fire. Covers also show on my iPad using the Kindle app. These are books that I have done and covers have never been a problem. But again, no cover shows on the Paperwhite.

Update:
Sent same two books to the Paperwhite with the "Send to Kindle" app (Mac) and both books NOW SHOWED COVER.

Last edited by 1611mac; 12-28-2012 at 06:15 PM.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I should clarify that I have a Paperwhite not a Fire.

Never Mind!!! Resizing fixed the missing issue too!! Thanks for the tip Blossom!
We have the same problem on the Kindle Fire. This is why I started using the resize cover plugin. Covers that are the wrong size will not show up.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote