Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh and this is with

chromium --version
Chromium 60.0.3112.78
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #17
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
I found something: there is no right-side, progressive cut-off if I set "page layout" max width to 1000 instead of default zero. My screen size is 1366 x 768.

Also, dn and up arrows will travel within a chapter, but no further. Neither will the screen's left and right arrows when tapped. The only way to get out of a movement-lock is to right click, then invoke the table of contents. Sometimes the arrow keys (no matter which of the 4) cause the screen changes to occur by column rather than a whole screen at a time.

Of course, it is possible that there is something going on with just this particular computer.
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm well I tried setting the max width to 1366. On my computer in chrome that gives two columns, no progressive cut-off.

I then help down the down arrow key, the book kept scrolling till it reached the end of the book.

You can try opening up the chrome developer tools, look in the console if any error messages are printed.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #19
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-08-03 06-30-24.png
Views:	307
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	158234I got a broken column message, but do not know what that is.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It means that for some reason the browser is refusing to size the columns exactly as calibre asks it to -- that is the reason for the progressive cutoff, however, it's not clear why your browser is doing that. I cannot get mine to do it with your book, i tried with a dozen different screen sizes.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suspect there is some non-reflowable content somewhere in that book that does not fit into a column, which causes the browser to force-resize the columns.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #22
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

I tried it with all books, mine and others, with different CSS and different content. By the way, I like today's new version with its new features, especially the ability to delete books more easily.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #23
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

Truly, something is wrong on my end, with my laptop only, not with calibre. I tried using the content server to read the books on my android phone and there was no progressive loss to the right side of the columns, even when viewing 3 columns. The problem does not exist, except for some as-yet-unknown with my Ubuntu system. I am completely 'blown away' with this new reader. It is the best reader of all on my phone. I am looking forward to being able to pop-out images. Best regards, Pop

Tags
navigation