Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
M96 Power Issues

I know this has been covered before elsewhere on the forum, but I wanted to raise it again. My M96 seems to go through its battery power at a rather rapid rate. With no network inactivity timeout or power off timeout, my M96 will run out of battery within 24 hours...not what I expected with an eInk device. I had originally set my wifi to timeout after a period of time, but I've found if I do that, my device locks up hard requiring a hard reset (see this thread; any solutions to that problem would be appreciated!).

I'm not doing much in the background of my device. I don't have any alternative launchers running. I have a FolderSync process that runs once every 6 hours to backup a couple of app databases. I really don't understand why the battery would be exhausted in only 24 hours...my Note 10.1 gets better battery life than this!

Are there any suggestions of improving this? I'm on the Arta Tech ROM, rooted. I'd prefer to not flash another ROM if I don't have to (and I shouldn't need to...). I really want to love this device, but these rather serious issues (power and hard lockup) are making it hard to...
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nknouf View Post
I know this has been covered before elsewhere on the forum, but I wanted to raise it again. My M96 seems to go through its battery power at a rather rapid rate. With no network inactivity timeout or power off timeout, my M96 will run out of battery within 24 hours...not what I expected with an eInk device. I had originally set my wifi to timeout after a period of time, but I've found if I do that, my device locks up hard requiring a hard reset (see this thread; any solutions to that problem would be appreciated!).

I'm not doing much in the background of my device. I don't have any alternative launchers running. I have a FolderSync process that runs once every 6 hours to backup a couple of app databases. I really don't understand why the battery would be exhausted in only 24 hours...my Note 10.1 gets better battery life than this!

Are there any suggestions of improving this? I'm on the Arta Tech ROM, rooted. I'd prefer to not flash another ROM if I don't have to (and I shouldn't need to...). I really want to love this device, but these rather serious issues (power and hard lockup) are making it hard to...
Try new rom.
Kindle,Kobo seemed to have a better battery life than Onyx, I think the issues was probably caused by the unhibernation behavior of CPU when you close the book( not turn it off) .

Last edited by JHarry; 01-30-2015 at 12:35 AM. Reason: update
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 AM   #3
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
Which ROM should I try? If it's Booxter's, is it compatible with the Arta Tech version of the M96? When I had looked into the power issues in the past, it seemed as if cell standby was still enabled, even though the devices obviously don't have that kind of a radio. Has that been fixed in the new ROM?
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote