Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Switch Kobo to T1

I need to switch to a Sony T1.

Where can I find out how to set up kobo.com to launch PC Reader for moving Adobe books to my T1?

Where can I find out how to set up Calibre to use my T1 instead of my prior ereader for loading books?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
If you update your T1 to the last release, it actually updates the reader from the Sony store to Kobo so you can access Kobo books on your device directly.

Also, nothing needs to be set up in Calibre. It should recognize whatever device is hooked up to the computer. I regularly hook up my Sonys to my laptop and Calibre recognized them all--T1, T2, T3 and the PRS 900.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hemmi, it sounds like you're saying that the PC Reader software is not even needed and doesn't need to be installed. If true, this would be the best of all worlds.

Is this true? And is it obvious how to "update the T1 to the latest release"?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #4
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
You need the PC Reader Software... once.

You'll need to set up your Adobe account for DRM material. If your unit was previously owned, it may still be associated with someone else's account.

After that, feel free to uninstall the software and use Calibre.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard

[QUESTIONS FIGURED OUT - SOLVED...the main solution was that after installing PC Reader, kobo.com somehow knew to launch it instead of Reader Library]

Last edited by petercreasey; 08-13-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Advert
Old 08-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I've never installed the Sony reader software for any of the Sonys I own. I put everything thru Calibre and take the DRM out of it and sideload it onto the reader.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
[QUESTIONS FIGURED OUT - SOLVED]
And your solution is?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And your solution is?
J, okay, I modified the "solved" message with the main solution.