Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
messiaen
messiaen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
RSS feed

I've been struggling to get a RSS feeds into calibre sensibly.

Importing an OPML file is fine, except it doesn't seem to be aware of articles it's previously downloaded, so each time I download I get progressively more articles from earlier downloads.

I don't want a schedule as I don't leave my pc on all the time, and i don't to have to remember to manually run it every 7 days and get 7 days worth, nor do i want to make a note of how many days it's been since I last ran it.

I've looked at Feedly, The Old Reader etc but can't see anything which lets me plumb into calibre and use mark as read (plus those sites look awful on the kindle so i can't just read them there).

A workaround would be to feed Pocket and grab Pocket articles into calibre (Pocket works perfectly from within calibre).

Does anyone else have a sensible workflow here?

Last edited by messiaen; 02-03-2016 at 05:26 PM.
messiaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you look in the re-useable code snippets sticky, there is code there you can add to your recipe to prevent it from downloading previouly downloaded articles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
rss