Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #496
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I had a quick look at the debug log. I don't see any sign of fetching the annotations. It looks like just the jobs run at connection time.
Does that mean that it hasn't the air that the plugin is active? But how comes that in one case the annotations are beeing fetched?

Edit: No, it's my fault; at running calibre in debug mode, I had forgotten to run the plugin as well. I'll repeat it. - sorry!

Last edited by Leonatus; 03-01-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #497
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Does that mean that it hasn't the air that the plugin is active? But how comes that in one case the annotations are beeing fetched?

Edit: No, it's my fault; at running calibre in debug mode, I had forgotten to run the plugin as well. I'll repeat it. - sorry!
I've looked at the logs, and the missing debug entries isn't your fault. I completely forgot that this plugin has an option to turn on debugging.

The option is on the plugins configuration dialog. Enable it and restart calibre in debug mode will should do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 04:49 AM   #498
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
PM has been sent.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:32 AM   #499
geras
geras began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 PB740 FW: 5.17
I would appreciate it very much if annotations for PocketBook InkPad 3 were supported by calibre.

Last edited by geras; 05-27-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: language correctness
geras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #500
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geras View Post
I would appreciate it very much if annotations for PocketBook InkPad 3 were supported by calibre.
To be able to fetch annotations from a device, we need a two things:
  • The annotations are stored in a place visible when the device is connected to the PC and can be decoded.
  • Someone with the device and enough coding abilities to write the adapter.

I am happy to add the function, but without access to the device, writing and testing the code is very hard. If someone does want to do it, I am happy to help with advice and looking at the code.

But, I actually expect that the first of the above will be the problem. From what I can see, a lot of the devices are storing annotations and things like book reading status in places that cannot be access from the PC.
Advert
Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #501
ageha
ageha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just tried the plugin (got it from the calibre plugin browser thingy)

Fetching works just fine, the problem is the comment field is full of 'unused' html tags.

Is there any way to simply remove / not use those at all? The modify appearance option doesn't seem to have something like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-30 16-25-39.png
Views:	531
Size:	633.2 KB
ID:	164196  

Last edited by ageha; 05-30-2018 at 10:44 AM.
ageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #502
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageha View Post
Just tried the plugin (got it from the calibre plugin browser thingy)

Fetching works just fine, the problem is the comment field is full of 'unused' html tags.

Is there any way to simply remove / not use those at all? The modify appearance option doesn't seem to have something like that.
I get the same problem with a kobo Glo HD. It used to work fine but after updating the kobo I get the same problem, some of the HTML is displayed instead of being interpreted. (Kobo Firmware 4.8.11073)
Example of an annotation:
Code:
<div class="user_annotations" style="margin:0">
<div class="annotation" genre="" hash="14930018755f664a247d5283c50a1acf" location_sort="001003" reader="KoboTouchExtended" style="margin:0 0 0.5em 0">
&lt;table cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="background-color:LightGray;color:black;font-size:80%;font-weight:bold;margin:0;" color="Gray"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td class="location" style="text-align:left"&gt;Chapter One&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td class="timestamp" uts="1527709969.0" style="text-align:right"&gt;30/05/2018 21:52:49&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;p class="highlight" style="margin:0;text-indent:0.5em;"&gt;Twilight had fallen&lt;/p&gt;
</div>
</div>
It uses &lt; and &gt; instead of < and >
Since I don't sync the annotations everytime I'm not sure it's due to the kobo update, but I don't think I changed anything else.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #503
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
I get the same problem with a kobo Glo HD. It used to work fine but after updating the kobo I get the same problem, some of the HTML is displayed instead of being interpreted. (Kobo Firmware 4.8.11073)
Example of an annotation:
Code:
<div class="user_annotations" style="margin:0">
<div class="annotation" genre="" hash="14930018755f664a247d5283c50a1acf" location_sort="001003" reader="KoboTouchExtended" style="margin:0 0 0.5em 0">
&lt;table cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="background-color:LightGray;color:black;font-size:80%;font-weight:bold;margin:0;" color="Gray"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td class="location" style="text-align:left"&gt;Chapter One&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td class="timestamp" uts="1527709969.0" style="text-align:right"&gt;30/05/2018 21:52:49&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;p class="highlight" style="margin:0;text-indent:0.5em;"&gt;Twilight had fallen&lt;/p&gt;
</div>
</div>
It uses &lt; and &gt; instead of < and >
Since I don't sync the annotations everytime I'm not sure it's due to the kobo update, but I don't think I changed anything else.
None of the tags that use &lt; and &gt; come from the device. They are part of the code that the plugin generates when formatting the annotation. Nothing has changed in the plugin, so it must be something in what calibre is doing when the annotation is put into the column. It is interesting that it is affecting the table and paragraph tags and not the divs. Are you using a separate column, or the comments column like @ageha is?

In any case, I will have a look at it over the next few days. Also, what version of calibre are you using? The more recently it started, the fewer changes I have to look at.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:01 AM   #504
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
None of the tags that use &lt; and &gt; come from the device. They are part of the code that the plugin generates when formatting the annotation. Nothing has changed in the plugin, so it must be something in what calibre is doing when the annotation is put into the column. It is interesting that it is affecting the table and paragraph tags and not the divs. Are you using a separate column, or the comments column like @ageha is?

In any case, I will have a look at it over the next few days. Also, what version of calibre are you using? The more recently it started, the fewer changes I have to look at.
I'm using a separate column to store the annotations.
And I have calibre 3.24.2

Looking closer I have annotations for books that I read the 11 may that are displaying correctly. So the problem is only with the annotations I imported fairly recently.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Fix coding of annotations

The problems reported above appear to have been caused by an update to BeautifulSoup in calibre. And to be honest, it shouldn't really have worked with the way it was written. I have fixed this and the attached beta appears to be working correctly. Please try it and tell me how it goes.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-02-2018 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:48 PM   #506
Nicolas F
Groupie

This works fine for me too, thanks for the quick fix !
Old 05-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #507
ageha
ageha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The problems reported above appear to have been caused by an update to BeautifulSoup in calibre. And to be honest, it shouldn't really have worked with the way it was written. I have fixed this and the attached beta appears to be working correctly. Please try it and tell me how it goes.
Yep that works for me, everything looking fine right now.
ageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:02 PM   #508
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
This works fine for me too, thanks for the quick fix !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageha View Post
Yep that works for me, everything looking fine right now.
Good. I'll release it over the weekend.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 AM   #509
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.8.0 - Two bug fixes

I have just release version 1.8.0 of this plugin. This is to fix the recent problems with calibre 3.24 and later. The changes in this version are:
  • Fix: Version of BeautifulSoup was updated in calibre 3.24.0 and the plugins usage needed to change.
  • Fix: Error when moving/updating annotations.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And as usual, if anyone sees any problems, please report them here.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:22 AM   #510
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

The Annotations plugin is under new management. With GRiker taking a long vacation, he has passed the development and support for the plugin to me. From now on, this thread will be used for any support questions and to host the plugin. All future questions should be posted here, but the older thread is here for reference.

The Annotations plugin imports annotations from supported ebook readers and applications described in the following table:
This is an old post from 2011. Is there a github page for this Annotations plugin for Calibre? Can I use this to import annotations from my Kobo Aura H20 ebook reader?

ANSWER: https://github.com/davidfor/calibre-annotations

Last edited by Gergely; 06-20-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp