Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
That leads to a speculation. Can the maintenance partition be started by the user even without the Rescue Pack installed? If so, I would think an approach could take advantage of that to do the jailbreak. Probably more user interaction required than the current methods, but it sounds like a means to the end.

Dave
We can also jail break the "Demo" mode.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Have so been hoping there would be a new, larger screen kindle available that could be jailbroken before they figured out how to ruin it again. Although I can get along without most everything else, I need KindleLazy! Sure would like an 8" screen, though. <sigh>
Amazon is like Sony. Sony tried a front light that failed and thus, Sony gave up on a front light. Amazon tried a Kindle with a larger than 6" screen and it failed and so Amazon gave up.

If you want larger than a 6" screen, you'll have to give up on Amazon and go elsewhere.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert