Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Enigmatic Dr X
Enigmatic Dr X began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Help a newbie: how do I expand the synopsis?

I've just got a Kobo. I've loaded a dozen books into it for my wife.

How do I expand the synopsis? She wants to choose what to read!

I:

1. Hold down a finger on the book title in "my books"
2. Chose "view details"
3. Choose "synopsis"

But then what? Every synopsis is cut short and ends in an ellipsis. How do I expand them out?

Thanks in advance.
Enigmatic Dr X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If there is more to the synopsis than what shows, it will say "Page 1 of x" at the bottom. Swipe left to advance to the next part.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, use swiping to page through the synopsis.

But, how did the books get there? If they are sideloaded, then whatever is in the synopsis is whatever is in the metadata of the books. If this ends in an ellipsis, then you need a better source for the metadata.

If they are purchased from Kobo and downloaded, only the first 500 characters are downloaded with the book. When you view the book details, the device will download the rest of the synopsis and display it to you. For that to happen, you need a WiFi connection.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote